Sublime Forum

"Unable to run package setup."

Ok, so here’s what I did. I have ST2 installed portably in Dropbox. I was going to move to installing it natively, then using a symlink to the Packages folder which I was going to keep in Dropbox. So, I copied my current Packages folder into another directory (In case something went wrong.) I then installed ST2 natively, and noticed there was no Packages folder in program files, so I made a symlink with ‘mklink /D’ pointing Packages to Dropbox\Packages.

Now, I get an error when launching the installed ST2. I’ve since deleted the symlink, and uninstalled and re-installed but nothing is fixing this error:

---------------------------
Sublime Text 2
Unable to run package setup:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\PackageSetup.py", line 165, in upgrade
    upgradePackage(pkg, pristinedir, datadir, backupdir)
  File ".\PackageSetup.py", line 158, in upgradePackage
    os.path.join(backupdir, base), inhibitOverwrite)
  File ".\PackageSetup.py", line 90, in upgradeArchive
    writeFile(fname, newar.read(f))
  File ".\PackageSetup.py", line 18, in writeFile
    with open(fname, 'wb') as fo:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Program Files\\Sublime Text 2\\Data\\Packages\\ActionScript\\ActionScript.tmLanguage'

OK   

Is there a registry key I need to delete somewhere to get this sorted out? What is it trying to do? This is a fresh install, why is it looking for that directory? I assume something went wrong when I linked my existing Packages folder. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes

Figures. I fixed it, turns out I had an empty Data folder. I guess if it sees a Data folder it assumes packages will be in there? Anyways… sorry for this useless thread :smile:

0 Likes