File has changed on disk

Hello. I’m using Sublime Text 2 build 2220 on OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2

I would like to disable this prompt:

[quote]~/file.txt

Has changed on disk.
Do you want to reload it?[/quote]

I put this in my user preferences but it has no effect: “ignoreChanged”: true

Here is the full text from Sublime Text 2 > Preferences > Settings - User:

{ "ignoreChanged": true, "color_scheme": "Packages/Color Scheme - Default/Monokai.tmTheme", "font_size": 12.0, "open_files_in_new_window": false, "word_wrap": "true", "copy_with_empty_selection": false }
What do I need to change in order to disable the prompt? I assume that the file is being modified by Mountain Lion’s versioning feature, which I don’t even use. Thanks.

0 Likes

After reading what I just posted, it occurred to me to try changing ignoreChanged to ignore_changed.

That seems to have done the trick.

I must have gotten ignoreChanged from old documentation. I’m all set now, thanks.

0 Likes

Yikes, I posted too soon. ignore_changed does not work either. Any idea on how I can disable this prompt?

0 Likes

Hi,

I have the same problem on windows 7 (64bit). I use SublimeText 2.0.1 Portable, Build 2217.
Not always - but often - when I switch between applications and come back to SublimeText, it notifies me that an (unsaved file with changes) has changed on disk. But I am quite sure that the files did not change outside of SublimeText… :smile:
I don’t know about any services that could modify the files, avast antivir shouldn’t be a problem either. Notepad++ did not behave like that.

Any ideas? I don’t want to disable the check for changed files, it should simply work.

Regards,
Stefan

0 Likes