Sublime Forum

Cannot open files over the network on Linux?

Hello,

I am having an issue opening and saving files that are located remotely. I am using Linux Mint 14. I have mapped a network share that is connected to my webhost over http WebDav. I can open the files just fine in terminal, or something like gEdit. When I try to open a directory in my webhost with Sublime Text 2 the list of files appear in the left side bar, but when I go to open a file none of the text appears, and I get an error if I try to save. I tried running Sublime Text 2 as root with sudo, but then I cannot see or get to the network share that way.

I know working with remote files works with Sublime Text, as I do it all the time at work, but that is with a mapped drive in Windows 7.

Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to get this to work?

Thanks

0 Likes

Hey Guys,

So I managed to figure out a workaround. I ended up installing the davfs2 package, which allows you to mount webdav shares as a local directory on your computer. A few commands later and my webhost folder was mapped on my desktop, and Sublime Text 2 was working fine with the files. I’m not sure why this worked over the, “Connect to Server” option. (I’m a Linux n00b if you couldn’t tell). Hopefully this can help someone else out with a similar issue.

0 Likes