Sublime Forum

Preview of images

I really would like to be capable of vieweing the images inside sublime. Like if i click on image file on the sidebar not to see text but the image it self and information about it (like dimentions). Other cool feature would be ruller for the image (like for when we use sprites).

Thanks!

0 Likes

I would like to edit large chunks of text in Photoshop too.
But sometimes, common sense wins. It’s a damn text editor!

0 Likes

And it is damn good text editor. But this is what i do really often. I have project folder with lots of images (for example textures). I need to use some of them, and i have them listed in the sidebar. Wouldnt be faster for the programmer to see them directly (which image what is and its parameters) ? Instead of opening explorer again, going to taht directory and viewing them there (5 more actions, but stacking 100 times make 500 usless actions).

I understand it is text editor, and you are right about that. It is just a feature i and i am shure many other would benefit of.

0 Likes

Its eventualy a good idea to give plugin developer the avabilitly to add to an tree-item an icon. like in visual studio. SVN and GIT can add status on icon etc. this would be very good.
but otherwise, its a good, easy editor with extremly functionality.
but please… only icons… only 20px for developer!

0 Likes

These folks introduced me to Sublime Text and I’m greatful. They have been a staunch advocate for Sublime Text; even after being a professed VIM junky and long-time user. However, now they are stating that a new editor named Brackets by the folks at Adobe is poised to possibly overtake Sublime Text and TextMate. And guess what, this feature request is included in Brackets, have a look net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tools … ch_index=1

Not trying to advertise for Brackets as I don’t believe at this time I will be switching anything as I’m loving Sublime Text more and more each day. However, for those who pick up on software quickly and don’t mind change when possible, this may be a contender.

0 Likes