Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Bug: Directories not expanding on linux x64

Re: Bug: Directories not expanding on linux x64

Postby ajpalkovic on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:07 pm

jps wrote:I should add to that, there is a known scenario where directory scanning will take an unbounded amount of time:

- Must be falling back to content fingerprints (i.e., stat reports all inodes as 0)
- Must have a recursive file system, where the contents are changing faster than the time it takes to scan the directory tree

In this case, because the contents of the directory are continuously changing, the content fingerprint based approach will not realise that it's scanned the directory in question before.

Yea, it looks like stat is reporting all the inodes in my home directory as 0, but ls -i also shows the correct inodes. The inodes in the .snapshot/hourly* directories are the exact same, ie inode(~/.snapshot/hourly0/sublime) == inode(~/subime) so I'd guess if those were used it would appear to sublime as just a link?

sublimator wrote:Do you work for Google ajpalkovic?

Uh, yea, I start a week or so ago.
ajpalkovic

Postby hanji on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:40 am

Any updates regarding this? I'm running into the same problem. I have a network filesystem (linux/samba) and I'm accessing it via Windows 7(64) and running into odd problems
- Taking forever to scan files
- Intermittent empty directories.

I don't have symlinks within this directory tree. I have the following set in user settings: ""ignore_inodes": true"

I really like this editor, but if this is a continued problem, this may be a deal breaker for me.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks!
hanji
hanji

Postby FichteFoll on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:25 am

I experienced this yesterday (actually the day before considering the actual "date") on Windows, too.

I just added a simple subdir to my project with about 15 files and another dir with about 8 files, no links anywhere. ST would not show any files when expanding the new folder in the side bar, after restarting ST it worked. I don't exactly know whether I could access the files using Goto Anywhere and I did not look into the console. Just leaving this here in case it helps.

FichteFoll

Previous

Return to Technical Support