Sublime Forum

Problems with cut shortcut... may be bug

I’m also having this problem on Ubuntu x64 with XFCE.

0 Likes

In addition, I’m having the same problem (on 64-bit Xubuntu) when I copy/paste.

Do you have a 5-second timer somewhere in your code? Because this looks like a huge clue:

When I copy then paste, then use the arrow keys on the keyboard, the cursor stays put but the highlighting in the left margin moves with the arrow keys. If I type, the text is entered by the highlighted margin, not the cursor. If I take my hands off the keyboard and wait, it looks like after exactly five seconds it will correct itself.

I hope this helps.

0 Likes

I am having the same issue. Linux Mint 13 XFCE 4.10 64bit

Unfortunately it does make Sublime unusable (I am a paid licensee)

Hope it gets fixed soon.

0 Likes

I’ve just e-mailed sales@sublimetext.com requesting a refund, since this bug is being ignored. I e-mailed them weeks ago asking for some support on this and heard nothing in return. Many of us have chimed in on this thread complaining that it makes the product unusable. We’ve explained in detail what environments it doesn’t work on.

I urge all of you affected by this to also request a refund to show them that this issue is important. Why should we throw away money for an unsupported product?

Shawn

0 Likes

I received my refund yesterday, so I’m not going to complain about it anymore.

I’m disappointed that there was no apology, explanation, or even an excuse given. Just a refund notification from PayPal.

I really like Sublime Text 2, and I told several people about it when I first started using it. I really hope they fix it and improve their terrible customer service image. Hopefully I’ll once again be a customer.

0 Likes

last days ctrl+X doesn’t work me too

I tried:

sublime.log_commands(True)

ctrl+x do nothing (no action)

only double ctrl+x do cut action (after second time)… what happens? No other ctrl-x shortcut conflict in my settings

0 Likes

it is generally a plug-in that causes these kinds of faults. Try disabling plug-ins and check the Console (Control ’ ) for error messages.

0 Likes

No plugins was installed last days in SublimeText, now I use shift + del (another cut shortcut in ST2) but it is not so comfortable now.
It is another strange behaviour of ST2, another one I described there Hot exit stopped to work
No answer. Shame that ST2 support don’t respond for user requests :frowning:

0 Likes

I found another workaround… after pressing ctrl+X notging happens, but next, when press up arrow, selected text disappers and goes to clipboard.
Just magic :smile:)

0 Likes

I think I’ve found a workaround here:

0 Likes

Having the same issue here. Ubuntu 11.04 with XFCE

Cut does actually copy the selected item to my clipboard, but it doesn’t remove it from the line.

Also, using the arrow keys doesn’t move the visible cursor, which is extremely frustrating.

0 Likes

I am having the same issue.

Any “cut” action (via ctrl+x, shift+delete, Edit > Cut) results is loss of responsiveness for the cursor for roughly 5 seconds. In fact, if I use the arrow keys to move to a different line during this time (indicated by the margin highlight rather than frozen cursor), the cut action applies to whichever line I end up on rather than the line / lines where the cut action originated. There is no error output in the console (actually the console reports the cut action immediately as shown in a video in one of the earlier comments), and I think it’s relatively safe to say it’s not caused by conflicting packages because I am using a fresh install.

As many others have said, this makes the editor essentially unusable, and I would love to hear of a fix. Can anyone verify whether or not this issue is fixed in Sublime Text 3 beta?

Running Ubuntu 11.04 32-bit w/ XFCE.

For now, I’ve gotten things to work sub-optimally using the workaround mentioned by stestagg (combination of installing parcellite & killing xfce4-settings-helper).

0 Likes

Same issue as everyone else here, however I am on Ubuntu 12.10 with the default Unity 3D (not XFCE). Tried resetting per the recomendation and like everyone else it did not solve the issue.

My use case:

1. ctl+x/Edit > Cut
  2. Text is copied but not cut.
  3. Cursor position freezes for approx, 5 seconds, however the arrow keys can reposition the cursor state so that when the cursor starts responding again, it is respositioned.
0 Likes

Well after applying the updates via the Ubuntu Update Manager and restarting this morning, I am no longer experiencing the Ctrl+x/cut cursor issue.

For anyone that is interested, here is the dpkg.log from my update this morning: https://gist.github.com/scottweaver/4980844#file-ubuntu-12-10-dpkg-log

0 Likes

I think I have nailed it.
For the XFCE users: just close your Clipman applet and retry. It should work flawlessly.

I think it’s some sort of run condition on the clipboard management between the applet and the editor.

0 Likes

I’ve been having this issue. Removing clipman to see if it helps.

[Edit: removing clipman hasn’t helped]

0 Likes

removing clipman works for me! thanks!

0 Likes

YAY! Have been dealing with this issue for months! Removing clipman finally fixed it.

0 Likes

for it was the following setting:

“copy_with_empty_selection”: false,

0 Likes

Ubuntu 14.04 64bit / XFCE 4.10 / Sublime-Text 2.0.2. Build 2221

Removing clipman hasn’t helped me too.
Still have a problem with disappearing cursor after cut/copy via edit menu or via Ctrl+X/Ctrl+C.

Cursor lost every time for 10 sec.
If ST started from terminal, i can see, each time cursor appear back, this line:

(sublime_text:XXXXX): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID XXXXX was not found when attempting to remove it

0 Likes