Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

project and workspace files

project and workspace files

Postby mark4 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:07 pm

Any chance we can make thise DOT files so they are not cluttering up my project tirectories?
mark4

Re: project and workspace files

Postby adzenith on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:44 pm

Have you tried naming your workspace file e.g. ".sublime-workspace"? Haven't tried it, but it could work.
adzenith

Postby mark4 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:03 pm

the workspace files were created by st2 and were given the same name as my projects root directory. so if i have a project called "project" st2 creates project.sublime-project and project.sublime-workspace. i didnt try dotting those files, let me see if that works.

this works but doesnt work.

you can rename your proj.sublim-project file to .proj.sublime-project but st2 still creats a non doted workspace file.
mark4

Postby agibsonsw on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:18 pm

If you just want to exclude items from the side-bar (folder/file list) then you can add them to your user-settings:

Code: Select all
   "file_exclude_patterns":
   [
      "*.sublime-project", "*.sublime-workspace"
   ]
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.
agibsonsw

Postby mark4 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:40 am

errr no, you totally miss the point here. i wish to exclude them from the directory listings. i wish to exclude them from version control. I do not want project configuration files cluttering up my source trees. In fact, I woud prefer it if ST2 put the different project files somewhere other than inside the project directories - say in ~/.project.sublime-project would be nicer (but again.. as a DOT file).

Open project could then scan ~ and give a list of projects that are available instead of me having to browse to ~/projects/language/operating-system/planetary-alignment/project-name/ (im making that up of course). But even having to do this would be cleaner if the project and workspace files were HIDDEN :)
mark4

Return to Ideas and Feature Requests