Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

20100118 Beta

Re: 20100118 Beta

Postby jps on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:22 am

ohright wrote:@ekolguy, for some reason they haven't responded to forum requests for a project pane, and I've been told a project pane isn't planned & won't happen any time soon.

I've got nothing against a tree view for the project, I'd like to see it in there. It's presently not at the top of the priority list though, so I don't know when I'll be able to start working on it - I certainly can't commit to a time frame.
jps
Site Admin

Postby EJ12N on Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:05 pm

Nice work on the release. Thx for default global project settings :D

jps wrote:
ohright wrote:@ekolguy, for some reason they haven't responded to forum requests for a project pane, and I've been told a project pane isn't planned & won't happen any time soon.

I've got nothing against a tree view for the project, I'd like to see it in there. It's presently not at the top of the priority list though, so I don't know when I'll be able to start working on it - I certainly can't commit to a time frame.

If you add some sort of GUI APIs so we can do panels/dialogs and manipulate them I think community can take care of the rest :D

That way we could create a panel and put whatever we want in there such a list of "open windows/tabs" ctrl+shift+o functionality but mouse lovers will appreciate it trust me lol.
List of bookmarks, list of CTAGS (functions/variables in current file), "Work"/Project Folder file listing, crap we might even do FTP lol... but I think I am asking for too much lol... oh well let's see when we can get some GUI APIs
EJ12N

Postby ifni on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:45 am

I'm getting this: Image

How do you want me to gather more data on the fault?
ifni

Postby rbabiak on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:46 pm

Thanks for the Find in Files, works good.

Had a idea also.

A option to peload all files of a given extension might speed up searches through a code base and usually text will only occupy a couple hundred megs. Nothing on a good dev platform.
rbabiak

Postby jps on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:14 pm

ifni wrote:I'm getting this: Image

There is an issue in the current implementation where it will run out of memory if a large file (few hundred megs) is searched through. This will be fixed in the next beta. If this isn't what's happening for you, then more data would be great.
jps
Site Admin

Postby ifni on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:30 am

jps wrote:
ifni wrote:I'm getting this:

There is an issue in the current implementation where it will run out of memory if a large file (few hundred megs) is searched through. This will be fixed in the next beta. If this isn't what's happening for you, then more data would be great.

AH, nice one, that's the issue. I deleted the offending file and it works like a charm now.
ifni

Postby GreyWyvern on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:21 pm

This update is swell! :) Thanks!

Edit: one item... I prefer the minimap on the right, but the option to set that is in the "Application.sublime-options" file which got overwritten this latest beta. I tried setting the minimap option in my "User File Type.sublime-options" file, but it didn't work. How can I ensure my minimap preference isn't overwritten each time I upgrade to the latest beta? :)

I also have to reset my find.useSelectedText preference to true...
GreyWyvern

Previous

Return to General Discussion