Hey all,

Testing out Vintage mode in st2, and while Esc will get me out, adding:

{ “keys”: “j”, “j”], “command”: “exit_insert_mode”,
“context”:

{ "key": "setting.command_mode", "operand": false },
{ "key": "setting.is_widget", "operand": false }

]
}

to my Default (OSX).sublime-keymap (from Preferences -> User Keybindings) doesn’t seem to work (can type lots of j’s though!).

Let me know if theres anything information that would help with debugging this - I have the latest binary from downloads for Mac, running 10.7…

0 Likes

What happens when you enter “sublime.log_commands(True)” (without quotation marks) in the ST console?

E.g. I’m in command mode and press “i”, I get:
command: enter_insert_mode

And when I press “jj”, I get:
command: exit_insert_mode

What do you get?

0 Likes

For i:
command: enter_insert_mode

For jj:

(ie, nothing)

Pressing Esc does give me:
command: exit_insert_mode

0 Likes

This is not working for me in 10.8. Pressing jj gives the following: command:

set_motion {"linewise": true, "motion": "move", "motion_args": {"by": "lines", "extend": true, "forward": true}}

So i’m assuming ST2 is interpreting jj as me wanting to move down two lines. I do have a fast keyboard rate; not sure if that is playing a part in this.

Anybody know of a way I can have ‘jj’ function normally?

0 Likes

Are you in command mode or insert mode?

0 Likes

For those following, it looks like it might have been a plugin - I’ve removed ~/Library/Application\ Support/Sublime… and it seems to work (after re-enabling vintage and adding the keys back). If I can find the exact package that broke it, I’ll follow up.

0 Likes

@austenmcrae

Doh! of course I was in command mode. Unfortunately it does not work in insert mode either (i get nothing in the console). I will try pairing down packages and see what that does. ctrl + in the meantime…

Edit.

I removed my sublime data directory, and tried adding the “jj” binding to the fresh install but no dice. Really bummed.

0 Likes