Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Open Recent file count

Open Recent file count

Postby jano23 on Fri May 11, 2012 2:24 pm

Is there a way to increase the count on the files that show up in the Open Recent window?

tia,
alex
jano23

Re: Open Recent file count

Postby Roger_S on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:22 pm

Excepting that I would specify the "Open Recent" submenu, this is something I have been wondering as well.

Since I use my text editor rather aggressively, I'm wanting something like 20 or 25 recent files listed, not just 8.
Roger_S

Postby UnConundrum on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:13 pm

Kindly add me to the list of users asking for this feature or instructions on how to change the setting
UnConundrum

Postby rpardee on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Hear, hear. Seems like there's plenty of screen real estate to expand that out...
rpardee

Postby appel on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:05 pm

Sooo... any word on this? An option like
Code: Select all
"recent_file_count": 99
sure would be nice...
appel

Postby adzenith on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:15 am

It's possible, but unfortunately not as easy as changing a recent_file_count flag.
You want to open Default/Main.sublime-menu and add more entries that look like this:
                    { "command": "open_recent_file", "args": {"index": 5 } },

The trick is to increment the "index" number. I recommend copying and pasting the line a bunch of times, then using the "Insert Nums" plugin.

If you update Sublime Text this file will get overwritten, so you probably want to make the changes inside your User folder. There's a way to merge menu files but I don't remember how to do it so I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader :)
adzenith

Postby nemesis on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:02 am

adzenith wrote:It's possible, but unfortunately not as easy as changing a recent_file_count flag.
You want to open Default/Main.sublime-menu and add more entries that look like this:
                    { "command": "open_recent_file", "args": {"index": 5 } },

The trick is to increment the "index" number. I recommend copying and pasting the line a bunch of times, then using the "Insert Nums" plugin.

If you update Sublime Text this file will get overwritten, so you probably want to make the changes inside your User folder. There's a way to merge menu files but I don't remember how to do it so I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader :)

It works like a charm, than you adzenith!

Unfortunately, moving the file "Main.sublime-menu" from the "Default/" to the "User/" folder doesn't work :(. I don't have a clue about what you mean by "merging" menu files.
nemesis

Postby adzenith on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:27 pm

I think if you leave the structure leading up to the open_recent_file commands, and delete everything else, Sublime may weave the two .sublime-menu files together.
adzenith

Return to Technical Support