Sublime Forum

Selective undo/redo

What about a selective undo/redo option?

Select an area where you want to commit a redo or undo, and let it only redo or undo the changes in the selected area. Not sure if it has already been requested, but didn’t find much when I used ‘search’.

0 Likes

This will be very valuable.
Does any programmers editor exist which provieds selective undo ?
I assume, this may be no easy task to implement without slowing down the undo/redo.

0 Likes

I’m not sure if it has already been implemented in an editor, but as a user of E-texteditor (not liking it anymore, so I bought Sublime), I can say they have plans implementing selective undo/redo…

But not only that is an argument to support this feature, also I’d like to encourage the implementation, because it comes really handy. Imagine this:
You’ve created some code. Some hours later you continue at some other point in the code, but then you find out your work a few hours ago is rubbish and you want to undo some changes made to it.

Even though it might be a cool feature, it could also be a potential problem to your document… It could get corrupted or get all messy. So it would require an extensive logging of every change, and that could require some slow-downs or disk-space?

0 Likes