Sublime Forum

20100118 Beta

20100118 is out, now with find in files support, including find in project.

The replace panel has also received a makeover, and there are application options (project.direxclude and project.exclude) to control the defaults for new project, and the values used when opening a directory as a project.

0 Likes

Damn, just when I create a new plugin to quickly switch projects with Ctrl+Shift+P you add a native binding on it.

Just kidding, itā€™s awesome thank you. Having colors in the output might be cool though, to highlight the match (see grep --color), but Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s possible in ST atm.

It even supports clicking to open files, thatā€™s brilliant, I though it was just a console dump. I just wish replace in files is in the pipeline :smile:

Also would be cool if the ā€œAdd Directoryā€ dialog would be opened at least with the main project directory (or current buffer dirname) focused so we donā€™t have to dig through all the mess every time.

Cheers!

0 Likes

Outstanding release!
Now, the only thing on my wish list (except linux support of course) is a project pane (with basic file management), because sometimes I just donā€™t happen to know the file names in the project to make use of quick open feature. I guess old habits die hardā€¦

0 Likes

@ekolguy, for some reason they havenā€™t responded to forum requests for a project pane, and Iā€™ve been told a project pane isnā€™t planned & wonā€™t happen any time soon. Maybe itā€™s not hard-core enough for sublime?

0 Likes

Thrilled to see the recent changes! Nice work.

One question; is there a way to specify extension filters for the ā€œFind in Filesā€ at all? Say, only to search through *.txt files, etc? Or what is the logic to determine what files it does search?

0 Likes

Not yet, but Iā€™m planning to add this, along with highlighting the matching text, and adding an option to disable recursing through the directories. Currently binary files are ignored though.

If you search through the project by entering ā€œā€ as a directory, then only files in the project will be included.

Also, I just released 20100119, to fix a memory leak with find in files in the previous version.

0 Likes

It is great to see find in files implementedā€¦thanks a lot!

Quick question: what is the difference between: ā€œfindInProjectā€ (ctrl+shift+p) and ā€œshowPanel findInFilesā€ (ctrl+shift+f)? They look the same when invoked and both have ā€œā€ as the default in the directory field. Personally I would prefer that ā€œshowPanel findInFilesā€ default to the current directoryā€¦

0 Likes

ā€œshowPanel findInFilesā€ will show the find in files panel, with the last location used set in the location field. ā€œfindInProjectā€ will show the find in files panel, with the location field set to ā€œā€. If the last used location was ā€œā€, then yeah, they do the same thing.

0 Likes

Okā€¦makes perfect sense. Thanks.

One thing I also noticed: it seems like findInFiles/findInProject doesnā€™t respect the ā€œfind.useSelectedTextā€ property.

0 Likes

Good catch, Iā€™ll add it to the todo list.

0 Likes

Iā€™ve got nothing against a tree view for the project, Iā€™d like to see it in there. Itā€™s presently not at the top of the priority list though, so I donā€™t know when Iā€™ll be able to start working on it - I certainly canā€™t commit to a time frame.

0 Likes

Nice work on the release. Thx for default global project settings :smiley:

[quote=ā€œjpsā€]

Iā€™ve got nothing against a tree view for the project, Iā€™d like to see it in there. Itā€™s presently not at the top of the priority list though, so I donā€™t know when Iā€™ll be able to start working on it - I certainly canā€™t commit to a time frame.[/quote]

If you add some sort of GUI APIs so we can do panels/dialogs and manipulate them I think community can take care of the rest :smiley:

That way we could create a panel and put whatever we want in there such a list of ā€œopen windows/tabsā€ ctrl+shift+o functionality but mouse lovers will appreciate it trust me lol.
List of bookmarks, list of CTAGS (functions/variables in current file), ā€œWorkā€/Project Folder file listing, crap we might even do FTP lolā€¦ but I think I am asking for too much lolā€¦ oh well letā€™s see when we can get some GUI APIs

0 Likes

Iā€™m getting this: http://i49.tinypic.com/2ilke4m.jpg

How do you want me to gather more data on the fault?

0 Likes

Thanks for the Find in Files, works good.

Had a idea also.

A option to peload all files of a given extension might speed up searches through a code base and usually text will only occupy a couple hundred megs. Nothing on a good dev platform.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œifniā€]Iā€™m getting this: http://i49.tinypic.com/2ilke4m.jpg

How do you want me to gather more data on the fault?[/quote]

There is an issue in the current implementation where it will run out of memory if a large file (few hundred megs) is searched through. This will be fixed in the next beta. If this isnā€™t whatā€™s happening for you, then more data would be great.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œjpsā€]

[quote=ā€œifniā€]Iā€™m getting this:

How do you want me to gather more data on the fault?[/quote]

There is an issue in the current implementation where it will run out of memory if a large file (few hundred megs) is searched through. This will be fixed in the next beta. If this isnā€™t whatā€™s happening for you, then more data would be great.[/quote]

AH, nice one, thatā€™s the issue. I deleted the offending file and it works like a charm now.

0 Likes

This update is swell! :smile: Thanks!

Edit: one itemā€¦ I prefer the minimap on the right, but the option to set that is in the ā€œApplication.sublime-optionsā€ file which got overwritten this latest beta. I tried setting the minimap option in my ā€œUser File Type.sublime-optionsā€ file, but it didnā€™t work. How can I ensure my minimap preference isnā€™t overwritten each time I upgrade to the latest beta? :smile:

I also have to reset my find.useSelectedText preference to trueā€¦

0 Likes