Sublime Forum

How to make spaces always show as raised dots

Hi,

I’m coming from using Komodo IDE, where all the spaces were displayed as dots, but up in the middle of the vertical area above where a period would be. They would be at the same height as would be a dash (-), but a dot (.) rather than a line. I thought I saw Sublime Text doing this at one point, but its not anymore & I don’t see where to set it to always do this for me.

How can I set this behavior?

Thanks.

0 Likes

By default it shows the dots inside of a selection. There’s an option called something like “show_whitespace” (check the default settings) that you’ll want to change.

0 Likes

I didn’t see anything in default settings to that effect, which is why I was asking here. I was hoping someone could tell me of an undocumented setting I could input into user settings it would listen to.

But in lieu of always showing dots this way, I can live with the current behavior of having to select to see, I’ll get used to it.

Thanks.

0 Likes

The setting you are looking for is “draw_white_space”. You can set it to “none”, “selection”, or “all”. I believe “all” is what you are looking for.

0 Likes

Thanks.

0 Likes