Sublime Forum

How to install a new plugin fix for JSON data files

According to

[stackoverflow.com/questions/1428 ... ime-text-2](http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14289522/how-to-indent-json-data-inside-of-textmate-emacs-bbedit-or-sublime-text-2)

there is a new fix for JSON data file on github.com/textmate/json.tmbundle that will work well on TextMate and on Sublime Text 2. Can this go into the next release of Sublime Text 2? Also, meanwhile, is there an easy way to install it on the Mac? If I open up the git cloned folder of json.tmbundle, then TextMate usually will install the bundle. Can Sublime do it similarly or ask whether to install it or to open it as a project folder? I think right now Sublime opens it as a project folder.

0 Likes

Installing packages in Sublime Text goes through the process of either adding a “.sublime-package” file into your “Installed Packages” data subdir and restarting ST or unzipping this file and pasting the contents in a newly created subdir of “Packages” (docs). I don’t know which file type the “.tmBundle” extension actually represents so it might not work.

The other solution for you would be to just replace the old “Packages/JSON/Syntaxes/JSON.tmLanguage” with github.com/textmate/json.tmbund … tmLanguage , assuming you had this package installed already.

0 Likes

do you mean

/Applications/Sublime Text 2.app/Contents/MacOS/Pristine Packages

on the Mac? Or is it another directory?

And actually, since Sublime Text 2 and the TextMate using that bundle has the same exact error for indenting json, I suspect that Sublime Text 2 is shipped with that bundle included. So in this case, how to upgrade that bundle?

0 Likes