Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Problem with files opening up with the wrong language

Problem with files opening up with the wrong language

Postby handycam on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:55 pm

No matter how many times I tell sublime "always open files of this type with..." from the menu on the lower right of the window, tmLanguage and tmTheme files always open as SCSS language files instead of XML files, and therefore the incorrect syntax colors.

I have checked XML.sublime-settings and the extension is actually in there more than once:

Code: Select all
{
   "extensions":
   [
      "xml",
      "xsd",
      "xslt",
      "svg",
      "opf",
      "ncx",
      "config",
      "sublime-snippet",
      "tmTheme",
      "tmLanguage",
      "tmLanguage",
      "tmLanguage",
      "tmLanguage",
      "tmLanguage"
   ]
}

I have tried adding them by hand and re-saving the file, but it keeps happening. Any thoughts?
Mac OS 10.9.3
ST 3 (3059)
handycam

Re: Problem with files opening up with the wrong language

Postby handycam on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:10 pm

Nothing on this? It keeps happening. I have checked the sublime settings files both in my user folder and in the individual language and they are both set correctly.

Now my .html files keep saying they are PHP files, which is mostly correct but is messing up which snippets are available.

Also, all sublime-snippet files keep opening as SCSS. This is really annoying. Anyone?
Mac OS 10.9.3
ST 3 (3059)
handycam

Postby skuroda on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:46 am

Not that this will help, but going to throw it out there. Since you have checked the installed packages already, do you have a something like the DetectSyntax plugin installed? If you do, perhaps you have a rule defined somewhere that is overriding the default behavior of sublime text. Granted, I'm no expert with this plugin, but it may be worth taking a look.

Worst case, you can always revert Sublime to a clean state (link) to see if the problem persists, then install your plugins again. Though, I would imagine this could be quite annoying to do.
skuroda

Postby handycam on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:30 pm

Thanks, but I don't have DetectSyntax installed. If it annoys me enough I will reset everything. But it is odd that all the places this would be stored, AFAIK are clean.
Mac OS 10.9.3
ST 3 (3059)
handycam

Postby digikev on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:18 pm

Same problem here after installing the SCSS package that has been ported from TextMate and supposedly are fully compatible. Are you using the same handycam? If so, I suspect it is an issue with this package as this problem has only just begun after this install. I will likely uninstall it and find another package offering SCSS support.

The TextMate SCSS official bundle. Now Compatible with SublimeText2. github.com/kuroir/SCSS.tmbundle
digikev

Postby digikev on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:39 pm

To confirm, having now removed the SCSS bundle the problem has now been rectified.
digikev

Postby handycam on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:31 pm

digikev wrote:To confirm, having now removed the SCSS bundle the problem has now been rectified.

I can confirm this as well. Thanks. I am trying this one now: https://github.com/nathos/sass-textmate-bundle
Mac OS 10.9.3
ST 3 (3059)
handycam

Return to General Discussion