Sublime Forum

Reveal-in-sidebar only half-working

Hello,

the reveal-in-sidebar only works when file parent folder is collapsed. It should always scroll the side bar to make selected file visible.
This might seem like a nice-to-have bug report, but the function is half-useless on very big projects without this issue corrected.

Steps to reproduce:

• open a (very) big folder
  • open a file using super+p
  • right-click in file editor and choose “Reveal in Side-Bar”. The file is correctly shown in side bar.
  • open enough folders in your sidebar so that your first file gets out of focus. If your project is big enough and you’ve opened enough sub-folders, it should now take several seconds to find your first file back by scrolling in the side-bar.
  • now scroll your side-bar to make sure your first file is not visible anymore.
  • right click in your file editor and choose “Reveal in Side-Bar”

Result:

• Side-Bar does not scroll and your file is not made visible.

Expected result:

• “Reveal in Side-Bar” should always guarantee that file is actually made visible in Side-Bar.

Bonus:

• When showing a file in Side-Bar, try to scroll enough to show it in the vertical center of side bar (not bottom as it is today).
0 Likes

Yeah, i have this problem too. On big projects this is really (really!) annoying!

0 Likes

I also have this issue and wish I did not. In fact, this problem also shows up in the behavior of the SyncedSidebar plugin - when the folder’s collapsed, SyncedSidebar scrolls to the appropriate location when a file is activated, but when the folder is expanded SyncedSidebar does nothing.

FWIW, I’m on Windows7 64-bit running 2.0.1 b2217.

0 Likes

bump i have the same issue on big projects and its really annoying. Any chance for a fix?

0 Likes