Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Build 3007

Build 3007

Postby jps on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:20 pm

Sublime Text Build 3007 is out now, correcting some issues with the initial beta.

There are still some reported issues that remain outstanding, these will be investigated for the next build. Notably the Linux compatibility issues with older distributions remain unresolved for the moment.
jps
Site Admin

Re: Build 3007

Postby skuroda on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:46 pm

Thanks for all the hard work, 1 day for a handful of fixes. Who can complain (that's a bad question because I'm sure people can/will)? As a side note, have you considered leveraging a formal issue tracker (perhaps on github since most people already have accounts there, though I don't know if they have any restrictions around not hosting the actual project there but I would guess not)? The the boards work okay for reporting and tracking issues, I would think a formalized system may work better. It would keep repeats from appearing, or at a minimum, save the time of browsing through the Build 3006 thread to see what has been reported.

Anyways, just thought I would throw it out there. Thanks again for all the hard work!
skuroda

Postby sharshenov on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:17 pm

Just installed new version. And the same bug(or not?) appeared: Project switching window(on Ctrl+Alt+P) is empty and it isn't showing recent projects.

UPD. It works fine if I manually switch between projects(not "Quick switch project"). After that project can be switched to/from in "Quick switch project" window
sharshenov

Postby C0D312 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:41 pm

bug (OSX): when launching ST when there's a window open from the previous session and the sidebar is hidden, ST will animate the sidebar in, then quickly close it only half way. Looks like it's just an animation bug where 2 animations are running at the same time instead of canceling the first animation.
C0D312

Postby weslly on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:28 pm

bug: "Open all with current extension as..." doesn't work.
weslly

Postby Arjan on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi jps,

I'll provide you the best suggestion of today:

Goto Symbol in Project is the most important new function to me, and why not let "Ctrl+Click" automatically do Goto Symbol in Project? That way, navigating through code will be a breeze.

Should be easy to implement, since it's just grabbing the clicked symbol and emulating "Ctrl+Shift+R, Enter" on it. If there's just one hit, go there, else show the symbol matching list.

Thanks in advance :-D
Arjan

Postby fjl on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:48 pm

First off, thanks for releasing Sublime Text 3!

I've found an issue while fixing symbol indexing in Sublime-Erlang:
Sublime Text will crash on startup when the type of a value in a tmPreferences file doesn't match the expected type.
Example tmPreferences:
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
   <key>name</key>
   <string>Function Symbols</string>
   <key>scope</key>
   <string>entity.name.function.definition.erlang</string>
   <key>settings</key>
   <dict>
      <key>showInIndexedSymbolList</key>
      <integer>1</integer>
      <key>symbolIndexTransformation</key>
      <integer>s/^/Function: /</integer> <!-- <<<< note: integer -->
   </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Also, it would be really nice if you supported variable substitution (e.g. ${filepath/...}) in the symbol transform expression.

Update:
Here's a crash report for the plist issue: http://pastebin.com/YLJv0S98
The crash doesn't go away when I change it back to <string> because the Sublime Text process stays running in the background.
Trying to start a new one produces this crash: http://pastebin.com/FbA7h0We
It starts again when I kill the corrupted instance.
Last edited by fjl on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
fjl

Postby reddshack on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:04 pm

Arjan wrote:Goto Symbol in Project is the most important new function to me, and why not let "Ctrl+Click" automatically do Goto Symbol in Project? That way, navigating through code will be a breeze.

+1
reddshack

Postby xeno.by on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:14 pm

reddshack wrote:
Arjan wrote:Goto Symbol in Project is the most important new function to me, and why not let "Ctrl+Click" automatically do Goto Symbol in Project? That way, navigating through code will be a breeze.

+1

I'd second this suggestion. It's possible to emulate this feature (at least, it worked in ST2), but the implementation is really cumbersome.
xeno.by

Postby jaunt on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:00 pm

Congrats on the new release. Very nice!

The behaviour which annoys me on a daily basis still exists. To reproduce:

Open sublime. Make the layout two columns and put an empty file in each column.

In the first column type "hello", in the second type "there".

First try single clicking on "hello", then on "there". Notice how the focus and cursor changes between the views as expected.

Now select "hello" with the mouse or by double clicking. Then click on "there". The focus changes which is good. Now click back on "hello". The cursor remains on "there". Why?
jaunt

Next

Return to General Discussion