Sublime Forum

Build 3007

First off, thanks for releasing Sublime Text 3!

I’ve found an issue while fixing symbol indexing in Sublime-Erlang:
Sublime Text will crash on startup when the type of a value in a tmPreferences file doesn’t match the expected type.
Example tmPreferences:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>name</key>
	<string>Function Symbols</string>
	<key>scope</key>
	<string>entity.name.function.definition.erlang</string>
	<key>settings</key>
	<dict>
		<key>showInIndexedSymbolList</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>symbolIndexTransformation</key>
		<integer>s/^/Function: /</integer> <!-- <<<< note: integer -->
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Also, it would be really nice if you supported variable substitution (e.g. ${filepath/…}) in the symbol transform expression.

Update:
Here’s a crash report for the plist issue: pastebin.com/YLJv0S98
The crash doesn’t go away when I change it back to because the Sublime Text process stays running in the background.
Trying to start a new one produces this crash: http://pastebin.com/FbA7h0We
It starts again when I kill the corrupted instance.

0 Likes

+1

0 Likes

[quote=“reddshack”]

+1[/quote]

I’d second this suggestion. It’s possible to emulate this feature (at least, it worked in ST2), but the implementation is really cumbersome.

0 Likes

Congrats on the new release. Very nice!

The behaviour which annoys me on a daily basis still exists. To reproduce:

Open sublime. Make the layout two columns and put an empty file in each column.

In the first column type “hello”, in the second type “there”.

First try single clicking on “hello”, then on “there”. Notice how the focus and cursor changes between the views as expected.

Now select “hello” with the mouse or by double clicking. Then click on “there”. The focus changes which is good. Now click back on “hello”. The cursor remains on “there”. Why?

0 Likes

I don’t know if this is new since 3007 and if someone already pointed this out but the .deb installation on Ubuntu 12.10 gives an error.
I can install it though but it gives an error saying:

The package doesn't provide a valid Installed-Size control field. See Debian Policy 5.6.20.

So I hope this helps for future .deb packages.

~Juje007

0 Likes

Seeing intermittent CPU spikes on OSX 10.8.2, with the top process reporting as “mds”. Then after the fans kick on for a few seconds, it eases up again.

0 Likes

mds is the spotlight indexing service (for the magnifying glass in the top right of your screen). It should have nothing to do with Sublime Text.

0 Likes

As a followup, I just had several (5) processes named “Sublime Text” which were stalling my system due to CPU usage. Only when I quit Sublime did the system return to normal.

EDIT: and while sublime was open, I saved a PSD file into the same base directory open in the Sublime sidebar. Perhaps it was trying to index a 1.4 meg PSD for goto-definition.

0 Likes

Hi, this bug is still present in build 3007:

https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/bug-cmd-d-repeat-not-working-os-x-2215/6538/1

if have removed the “$” from my “word_separators” setting for PHP programming.

CMD-D now also selects the “$” when used on variables. However, pressing CMD-D again does not select the next instance of that variable anymore. If I select that variable via mouse, CMD-D (repeat) works as expected.

0 Likes

Congrats on getting ST3 into the wild!

A couple issues I’ve run across while updating a couple ST2 plugins:

• I have an EventListener plugin that tries to keep the status bar updated to show the line ending type and encoding for the active view. It listens for these callbacks: (‘on_modified’, ‘on_load’, ‘on_post_save’). In ST2, that was enough to get the status bar to be updated on first startup, but not in ST3 (I need to modify a buffer before the status bar updates). Is there something else I should be doing, or is this a regression? (code here, if it’s useful: github.com/johnburnett/sublime- … tus_bar.py )

• In ST2, I have the side bar both turned on and set to show open files. Starting from an empty session, if I add a folder to the side bar, expanded it, and then double click on a file contained in the folder, I open the file I double clicked on. However, when I do the same thing in ST3, I open the file above the file I double click on. It appears this happens because of the new “Previewing files from the sidebar creates a preview tab” feature. The first click adds the to-be-previewed file to the file list at the top of the sidebar, and moves all the files down a line, so the second click then hits a different file, opening that one instead.

0 Likes

One more: sublime.version() seems to return an empty string when a plugin is loading. e.g. throw this in a py file:

import sublime print('version is empty?', sublime.version() == '')
…however, sublime.version() correctly gives me ‘3007’ when run from the console.

0 Likes

One more for the night, promise… settings.get doesn’t seem to return correct values when a plugin is loading. Paste the following into a test py plugin file:

import sublime settings_base = sublime.load_settings('Preferences.sublime-settings') print('color_scheme is:', settings_base.get('color_scheme', 'no color scheme'))

…and regardless of whether you have color_scheme set in your Preferences, this will print “color_scheme is: None”.

0 Likes

@jburnett viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10780&start=40#p42444

0 Likes

It’s tricky. I have an internal bug tracking system, but it’s not suitable for public consumption, as it contains forward looking data that I’m not willing to publish, due to it inevitably being interpreted incorrectly. The alternative is having two separate bug tracking systems, but that has its own issues.

0 Likes

Sublime Text 3 Roadmap

Should be fixed now in 3008.

0 Likes

[quote=“xeno.by”]

+1
I’d second this suggestion. It’s possible to emulate this feature (at least, it worked in ST2), but the implementation is really cumbersome.[/quote]

I’m retracting my +1 here. This functionality is exactly what “Goto Definition…” is. Didn’t even realize this. Works perfectly as-is with keyboard shortcuts. Thanks jps.

0 Likes

I’m well aware of F12.

But sometimes I navigate the project with the mouse (usually when I forget a filename and navigate the Folders view), and Alt+Click instead of F12 is thus niceness (ctrl+click is already taken for multiple cursors, but that’s fine)

0 Likes

alt+click should be already taken as well for removing multiple cursers (that is, dragging them). However, you should be able to create a mouse mapping that runs the goto definition command, e.g. when ctrl-alt-clicking or alt-doubleclicking. See existing “.sublime-mousemap” files for reference.

0 Likes

The problem is not in mousemap. It’s in getting the coordinates of the text that’s been clicked.

0 Likes

SublimeXiki has some example code to do something like this in ST2

0 Likes