Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Sublime Text 3 Beta

Re: Sublime Text 3 Beta

Postby sublimator on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:57 am

What's the outcome you want here?
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby sublimator on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:10 am

Anomareh wrote:Also, you can't buy that last thing anymore

Upgrade Policy
A license is valid for Sublime Text 3, and includes all point updates, as well as access to prior versions (e.g., Sublime Text 2). Future major versions, such as Sublime Text 4, will be a paid upgrade.

The download link still points to ST2 for me?

Anomareh wrote:that last thing ... no longer supported

Valid concern I guess.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby Anomareh on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:41 am

castles_made_of_sand wrote:What's the outcome you want here?

Not sure what you mean.

castles_made_of_sand wrote:
Upgrade Policy
A license is valid for Sublime Text 3, and includes all point updates, as well as access to prior versions (e.g., Sublime Text 2). Future major versions, such as Sublime Text 4, will be a paid upgrade.

The download link still points to ST2 for me?

You can still download it, but you can't buy it. You can buy ST3 and get a free copy of ST2, but you can't buy ST2. Also, I highly doubt ST2 will see another update from here on out. For all intents and purposes ST3 has been released and is the only product that will see development.
Anomareh

Postby lunixbochs on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:48 am

castles_made_of_sand wrote:It's constantly building a DOM `as you type`, without ever slowing down. You couldn't really do that in ST2.
I strongly disagree :)
lunixbochs

Postby iamntz on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:54 am

Code: Select all
You can still download it, but you can't buy it. You can buy ST3 and get a free copy of ST2, but you can't buy ST2. Also, I highly doubt ST2 will see another update from here on out. For all intents and purposes ST3 has been released and is the only product that will see development.

You can't actually buy older version of software in general (except software that is sold on phisical support). Why would ST be an exception? :roll:
iamntz

Postby sublimator on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:55 am

Anomareh wrote:Not sure what you mean.

Do you, for example, want Jon to backtrack, porting everything possible back to ST2 in a non breaking manner?

Do you want a promise of at least bug fixes for ST2?

It's not as much progress as you or I'd like, but ST3 IS progress. I'd rather see a mass transition ASAP.

What I'd like to see is a promise of bug fixes for ST2 for a reasonable period and wbond officially compensated for work in speedily porting Package Control and managing the transition.
sublimator

Postby sublimator on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:56 am

lunixbochs wrote:
castles_made_of_sand wrote:It's constantly building a DOM `as you type`, without ever slowing down. You couldn't really do that in ST2.
I strongly disagree :)

I knew I'd get in trouble there :) Yeah, it's "possible", but trust me, it's not as nice.
sublimator

Postby sublimator on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:02 am

Talking about being able to use the scoping, and even add_regions etc apis from a background thread

The smoothosity is maintained, more so than messing around with various co - scheduling set_timeout mechanisms
sublimator

Postby lunixbochs on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:10 am

sublimelint does absolutely everything in a thread and only merges with set_timeout for pretty much instant add_regions at the very end. Works really well. Every time I worry constant linting slows down the editor it turns out to be a different plugin I installed.
lunixbochs

Postby sublimator on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:12 am

Yes, I love your branch of sublimelint, it saves my arse all the time :)
sublimator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion