Sublime Forum

Build 3008

Sublime Text Build 3008 is out, correcting a few more issues.

0 Likes

jps I think that u could create different repos for the default packages like php, c, etc…
In this way user could fork and improve this package like agibsonsw did.
u can merge this improvement and pull them from repos just before building a new version…in this way u’ll have an always up to date definition, completions, etc for these core packages insted to have us to delete the old and non actual ones XD

just a suggestion XD

0 Likes

How could I refresh the project symbol list ?

With this new build my .sql files use now the correct syntax, but no rescan of them was triggered.

0 Likes

@jps: I would love to know what is your plan wrt sqlite3 availability
Is this something that you plan on fixing, or will it never make it into ST3 stdlib?

0 Likes

[quote=“bizoo”]How could I refresh the project symbol list ?

With this new build my .sql file use now the correct syntax, but no rescan of them was triggered.[/quote]

Good point, I should have incremented a version number somewhere. You can force re-indexing to happen by exiting Sublime Text, then deleting the Cache/_Index folder. ‘sublime.cache_path()’ will give you the location of the Cache folder.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

[quote=“bizoo”]How could I refresh the project symbol list ?

With this new build my .sql file use now the correct syntax, but no rescan of them was triggered.[/quote]

Good point, I should have incremented a version number somewhere. You can force re-indexing to happen by exiting Sublime Text, then deleting the Cache/_Index folder. ‘sublime.cache_path()’ will give you the location of the Cache folder.[/quote]

Thanks, works fine now.
I suppose triggering an automatic update could be tricky, but adding a menu entry to launch a re-indexing is probably a good idea.

0 Likes

I’m trying to use the new “Goto Definition” and “Goto Symbol in project” but in both case it seems to work only on open file.
Do I need to do something special to have all symbols of the project indexed ? (Files inside the cache directory seems mostly empty)
(OS is Windows XP)

0 Likes

Let me preface this by saying I think it’s a bug. Syntax highlighting for the following bit of python code works correctly in ST2, but not in ST3. Basically everything after I believe that ST3 is getting confused by all of the various quotes in the first line.

ST2 Syntax Highlight:

ST3 Syntax Highlight:

Thanks!
Bryan Lott

0 Likes

issue since ST2 for erlang new line indentation

now:

foo() ->
|

must be:

foo() ->
    |
<key>increaseIndentPattern</key>
<string>^^%]*(\b(if|case|receive|after|fun|try|catch|begin|query)\b(?!.*\b(end)\b.*))|(-&gt;(\s*%.*)?$)</string>

fix it just surround with round brackets
^^%]((\b(if|case|receive|after|fun|try|catch|begin|query)\b(?!.\b(end)\b.))|(->(\s%.*)?$))

Win7 32bit

0 Likes

[quote=“Clams”]I’m trying to use the new “Goto Definition” and “Goto Symbol in project” but in both case it seems to work only on open file.
Do I need to do something special to have all symbols of the project indexed ? (Files inside the cache directory seems mostly empty)
(OS is Windows XP)[/quote]

I’m seeing this too; tried removing the Cache/_Index to rescan, but no luck. It appears to scan much too quickly to be actually indexing anything.

startup, version: 3008 windows x32 channel: stable

0 Likes

Having a bit of an issue here with indexing.

ST3 has spawned about 20 processes to index, consuming every cpu cycle. Indexing seems stuck at 30%.

I believe this was triggered by a large number of file changes when I performed an npm update on a project.

Two questions then:

• Is there a way to make indexing smarter, or at least set a limit to the number of processes ST3 can spawn?
  • Can there please be an option to disable indexing on a project-by-project basis?

A related note – might be caused by the same problem. When I quit ST3, I cannot restart it. When I look in Activity Monitor (OSX) I see a process is still running. Once I force quit, I am able to launch ST3 again, but it consistently leaves this process behind when quitting normally.

0 Likes

[quote=“nolanguage”]Having a bit of an issue here with indexing.

ST3 has spawned about 20 processes to index, consuming every cpu cycle. Indexing seems stuck at 30%.
[/quote]

Perhaps OS specific? I have important extremely large projects in Windows, and, amazingly, I see no slowdown and indexing is superfast.

0 Likes

BUG: Deleting files doesn’t work on OSX and it crashes the plugin host.

0 Likes

Now that the default packages are hidden away in a closed format, we are unable to remove snippets for default languages. This is awkward, and the default snippets conflict with user-defined snippets.

This closed package system is bound to be frustrating, why not open them up so everyone can fork / contribute to packages on github?

0 Likes

How does one disable Vintage mode in build 3008? Seems to be enabled by default in the OSX build. Added Vintage to my ignored packages to no effect. I despise vi and have no desire to have it enabled in S3.

Seems that deleting the folder ‘~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3’ did away with Vintage. It was a mostly empty folder so that’s odd.

0 Likes

[quote=“danro”]Now that the default packages are hidden away in a closed format, we are unable to remove snippets for default languages. This is awkward, and the default snippets conflict with user-defined snippets.

This closed package system is bound to be frustrating, why not open them up so everyone can fork / contribute to packages on github?[/quote]

It’s not a closed format. It’s a zip file.

0 Likes

Small visual quirk I found.
There’s a strange, about pixel size brighter spot in bottom right corner of the editor window. Attached an image showing that.

0 Likes

[quote=“Nilium”]

[quote=“danro”]Now that the default packages are hidden away in a closed format, we are unable to remove snippets for default languages. This is awkward, and the default snippets conflict with user-defined snippets.

This closed package system is bound to be frustrating, why not open them up so everyone can fork / contribute to packages on github?[/quote]

It’s not a closed format. It’s a zip file.[/quote]

Right, but even with it as a zip file, how are we supposed to contribute / raise issues on packages? This is just going to lead to unofficial forks all over the place.

0 Likes

Same here. “Reveal in Finder” also does not work.

0 Likes

Hi jon

help() command does not work on the console.
Please check.

>>> help()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'help' is not defined

startup, version: 3008 windows x64 channel: stable

0 Likes