Sublime Forum

Build 3008

@jps: I would love to know what is your plan wrt sqlite3 availability
Is this something that you plan on fixing, or will it never make it into ST3 stdlib?

0 Likes

[quote=“bizoo”]How could I refresh the project symbol list ?

With this new build my .sql file use now the correct syntax, but no rescan of them was triggered.[/quote]

Good point, I should have incremented a version number somewhere. You can force re-indexing to happen by exiting Sublime Text, then deleting the Cache/_Index folder. ‘sublime.cache_path()’ will give you the location of the Cache folder.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

[quote=“bizoo”]How could I refresh the project symbol list ?

With this new build my .sql file use now the correct syntax, but no rescan of them was triggered.[/quote]

Good point, I should have incremented a version number somewhere. You can force re-indexing to happen by exiting Sublime Text, then deleting the Cache/_Index folder. ‘sublime.cache_path()’ will give you the location of the Cache folder.[/quote]

Thanks, works fine now.
I suppose triggering an automatic update could be tricky, but adding a menu entry to launch a re-indexing is probably a good idea.

0 Likes

I’m trying to use the new “Goto Definition” and “Goto Symbol in project” but in both case it seems to work only on open file.
Do I need to do something special to have all symbols of the project indexed ? (Files inside the cache directory seems mostly empty)
(OS is Windows XP)

0 Likes

Let me preface this by saying I think it’s a bug. Syntax highlighting for the following bit of python code works correctly in ST2, but not in ST3. Basically everything after I believe that ST3 is getting confused by all of the various quotes in the first line.

ST2 Syntax Highlight:

ST3 Syntax Highlight:

Thanks!
Bryan Lott

0 Likes

issue since ST2 for erlang new line indentation

now:

foo() ->
|

must be:

foo() ->
    |
<key>increaseIndentPattern</key>
<string>^^%]*(\b(if|case|receive|after|fun|try|catch|begin|query)\b(?!.*\b(end)\b.*))|(-&gt;(\s*%.*)?$)</string>

fix it just surround with round brackets
^^%]((\b(if|case|receive|after|fun|try|catch|begin|query)\b(?!.\b(end)\b.))|(->(\s%.*)?$))

Win7 32bit

0 Likes

[quote=“Clams”]I’m trying to use the new “Goto Definition” and “Goto Symbol in project” but in both case it seems to work only on open file.
Do I need to do something special to have all symbols of the project indexed ? (Files inside the cache directory seems mostly empty)
(OS is Windows XP)[/quote]

I’m seeing this too; tried removing the Cache/_Index to rescan, but no luck. It appears to scan much too quickly to be actually indexing anything.

startup, version: 3008 windows x32 channel: stable

0 Likes

Having a bit of an issue here with indexing.

ST3 has spawned about 20 processes to index, consuming every cpu cycle. Indexing seems stuck at 30%.

I believe this was triggered by a large number of file changes when I performed an npm update on a project.

Two questions then:

• Is there a way to make indexing smarter, or at least set a limit to the number of processes ST3 can spawn?
  • Can there please be an option to disable indexing on a project-by-project basis?

A related note – might be caused by the same problem. When I quit ST3, I cannot restart it. When I look in Activity Monitor (OSX) I see a process is still running. Once I force quit, I am able to launch ST3 again, but it consistently leaves this process behind when quitting normally.

0 Likes

[quote=“nolanguage”]Having a bit of an issue here with indexing.

ST3 has spawned about 20 processes to index, consuming every cpu cycle. Indexing seems stuck at 30%.
[/quote]

Perhaps OS specific? I have important extremely large projects in Windows, and, amazingly, I see no slowdown and indexing is superfast.

0 Likes

BUG: Deleting files doesn’t work on OSX and it crashes the plugin host.

0 Likes

Now that the default packages are hidden away in a closed format, we are unable to remove snippets for default languages. This is awkward, and the default snippets conflict with user-defined snippets.

This closed package system is bound to be frustrating, why not open them up so everyone can fork / contribute to packages on github?

0 Likes

How does one disable Vintage mode in build 3008? Seems to be enabled by default in the OSX build. Added Vintage to my ignored packages to no effect. I despise vi and have no desire to have it enabled in S3.

Seems that deleting the folder ‘~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3’ did away with Vintage. It was a mostly empty folder so that’s odd.

0 Likes

[quote=“danro”]Now that the default packages are hidden away in a closed format, we are unable to remove snippets for default languages. This is awkward, and the default snippets conflict with user-defined snippets.

This closed package system is bound to be frustrating, why not open them up so everyone can fork / contribute to packages on github?[/quote]

It’s not a closed format. It’s a zip file.

0 Likes

Small visual quirk I found.
There’s a strange, about pixel size brighter spot in bottom right corner of the editor window. Attached an image showing that.

0 Likes

[quote=“Nilium”]

[quote=“danro”]Now that the default packages are hidden away in a closed format, we are unable to remove snippets for default languages. This is awkward, and the default snippets conflict with user-defined snippets.

This closed package system is bound to be frustrating, why not open them up so everyone can fork / contribute to packages on github?[/quote]

It’s not a closed format. It’s a zip file.[/quote]

Right, but even with it as a zip file, how are we supposed to contribute / raise issues on packages? This is just going to lead to unofficial forks all over the place.

0 Likes

Same here. “Reveal in Finder” also does not work.

0 Likes

Hi jon

help() command does not work on the console.
Please check.

>>> help()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'help' is not defined

startup, version: 3008 windows x64 channel: stable

0 Likes

“Goto Definition” is great, but how do I go back to previous location? I do not find any key binding or menu item…

0 Likes

It’s a plugin, so you could probably hax it, if you really missed a jump_back command.

Some guy already wrote one for ST2: github.com/optilude/SublimeText … History.py

You could franken join the 2 for happy times in the lightning storm

0 Likes

The find panel needs to be closed and reopened to get it to run on a newly opened file.
Once reopened all matching instances of the search string are highlighted.
Pressing find all works as expected without cycling the panel.

0 Likes