Sublime Forum

New files & folders do not appear in sidebar

Same issue here OSX 10.8 and ST2 2217. My SideBar doesn’t sync when project is situated inside a Dropbox folder.

0 Likes

Same issue with same OS/ST2. Even removed all packages, but still not working.

0 Likes

I suppose it’s related to what I wrote earlier:

0 Likes

Hi,

same problem here with ST2 2217 and OS X 10.7.5

Everything worked perfecty until yesterday evening.
This morning the sidebar stopped to autorefresh.
Nothing changed in the project settings, nor do I have symlinked files. The problem affects the whole project tree.

I can use the sidebar to delete files and to create new ones… and they ARE created and deleted correctly. Still, it doesn’t update.
Same story if I create or remove a file using the terminal (either through a script or manually). It doesn’t update.

It had always updated automatically… until today I didn’t even know about the “project->refresh folders” menu option. :smile:

I tried to empty the application cache files and preferences, but to no result.

0 Likes

Hi there,

I’ve also just started having this problem. Am using OSX 10.8.2 & ST2 build 2217.

For me, files that were previously showing up, are no longer showing for some reason. Earlier, they did appear eventually after a good few minutes.

Hope we can get this fixed pretty quickly, as it’s really hindering my speed of work.

Other than that, love the app!

0 Likes

New Files Not Showing in Sidebar

I’m experiencing this as well under OS X 10.8.2, and can confirm that it’s not a package or preferences issue. Steps to replicate:

1. I removed “Application Support/Sublime Text 2”
  2. I installed the latest ST2 (Build 2217)
  3. I opened a folder (using “subl .”), created a new file within ST2, and saved it as “foo.txt” within that folder.

The sidebar does not show the newly-created file. It does appear if I run the “Project -> Refresh Folders” command. The same goes for deleting and renaming files and folders.

0 Likes

Oh, one important addendum: Installing the SideBarEnhancements package fixes the issue.

0 Likes

fyi - I’m seeing this consistently at home w/Linux Mint 13
but never at work where we use Ubuntu 10

At home it’s ext4 local disk.

At work it’s all NFS.

I’d expect more problems like this w/NFS.

0 Likes

This worked for me today. Thanks Trevor!

0 Likes

This is still an issue and needs to be fixed.

Using:
Ubuntu 12.10 x64
ST2 v2.0.1, Build 2217

0 Likes

[quote=“natewiebe13”]This is still an issue and needs to be fixed.

Using:
Ubuntu 12.10 x64
ST2 v2.0.1, Build 2217[/quote]

Had the same issue on Ubuntu 12.10 x64 but it was regression in new Ubuntu kernel(3.5.0-22-generic) that has strange issue with Inotify. Downgrading to 3.5.0-17-generic fixed sidebar autoupdate for me.

0 Likes

This is in fact the issue. I resolved this by upgrading to 3.5.0-23.

0 Likes

I am still having this issue on Ubuntu with 3.5.0-24. I love Sublime Text and use it on my mac at home but at work on my linux box this is a major pain.

0 Likes

Which build and version of ST? Also, I find this strange since I’m using that kernel and don’t experience this anymore. I had only experienced this regression on 3.5.0-22.

0 Likes

I’m using Sublime 3 on Ubuntu 12.04 x64, and haven’t Files and Folders sidebar at all. Is it a premium feature?

0 Likes

Just drag and drop a folder to the editor.

0 Likes

I have this issue on latest ubuntu 16.04 (64) with ste 3114. I have to reopen folder after each creating new file. How can I fix it?

0 Likes

I’ve just noticed the issue, and it was because the “thanks for trying out sublime text” window was in the background. As soon as I closed it and the file appeared in the project tree. Can you try to see if it works for you too ?

0 Likes

Latest versions have a Refresh option (v3)!
Click on Project (Toolbar) > Refresh Folders (Last option)

1 Like

I found something that worked for me. I encountered this, or a similar error, in sublime text 3 on ubuntu.
When I installed sublime text from the Ubuntu Software center the history would only update if i opened a file/folder with sublime as sudo from the terminal.
I had to uninstall sublime, and remove the directory ~/.config/sublime-text-3/
with:
rm -r .config/sublime-text-3/
After which I installed sublime from the command line with instructions from the following site:

0 Likes