Sublime Forum

Alternative Payment Methods

Hi, I would like to purchase ST3, and I was wondering if there’s any other payment methods.

Paypal is the most evil POS company I’ve ever dealt with, so I refuse to ever use them again for anything.
Could we setup some way to donate or use Square or Google Checkout or pay directly by credit card?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Can you provide another payment method?

Just to follow up with some info for you:

Jon is based out of Australia and companies like Stripe, Square, Google Checkout, etc are all very limited in their availability, mostly to the US and UK. It is my understanding that PayPal is the only reasonable small-business solution Jon has found in Australia.

0 Likes

[quote=“wbond”]Just to follow up with some info for you:

Jon is based out of Australia and companies like Stripe, Square, Google Checkout, etc are all very limited in their availability, mostly to the US and UK. It is my understanding that PayPal is the only reasonable small-business solution Jon has found in Australia.[/quote]

sending in a check would also be a viable means of paying for this software but this seems to be unacceptable to Jon. i would not even care if it took 6 months to complete. PAYPAL and Ebay who own it are SCAM artists who cannot ever be trusted. The only way i was able to register was to have my father who still has a paypal account to pay for me.

Another option that leaves less of a sour taste in my mouth be to do a wire transfer and PAY EXTRA. Anything to NOT have to use paypal.

0 Likes

Well, I guess every merchant selling something will eventually realize how much of a piece of shit Paypal is (I sell software too, and Paypal has stolen several thousands from me already; good thing I withdraw to my bank account relatively often).

So, I tried to find something and wasn’t able to. I suspect it’s because Australia really likes to regulate all forms of payment. However, there is this thing called bitcoins which is unregulated :smile:. I’m happy to pay in that currency.

But yea I’m really sad that there isn’t any other payment method except Paypal. My employer is happy to pay for a license for me, but I still refuse to have any money go through Paypal if I can help it. Guess I’ll have to look for a download somewhere…

0 Likes

+1 Alternative Payment Methods.

I refuse to use Paypal as well. It doesn’t work for me anyways. They are the worst. If another payment option is made available I’ll be able to make a purchase.

0 Likes

+1 for the total uselessness and evil of PayPal

0 Likes

[quote=“jkw”]I actually had to transfer money from my internet bank, wait one day, THEN buy a license for Sublime Text 3.

Think paypal scares 10% of the customers away just because it’s so damn annoying to handle credit cards via paypal. They need to get verified, blah blah blah, and don’t work in the end anyways…[/quote]

paypal is a complete and utter SCAM with a capital S, C, A, M!!

how do you get a scam verified/certified?

0 Likes