Sublime Forum

Build 3008

BUG: Deleting files doesn’t work on OSX and it crashes the plugin host.

0 Likes

Now that the default packages are hidden away in a closed format, we are unable to remove snippets for default languages. This is awkward, and the default snippets conflict with user-defined snippets.

This closed package system is bound to be frustrating, why not open them up so everyone can fork / contribute to packages on github?

0 Likes

How does one disable Vintage mode in build 3008? Seems to be enabled by default in the OSX build. Added Vintage to my ignored packages to no effect. I despise vi and have no desire to have it enabled in S3.

Seems that deleting the folder ‘~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3’ did away with Vintage. It was a mostly empty folder so that’s odd.

0 Likes

[quote=“danro”]Now that the default packages are hidden away in a closed format, we are unable to remove snippets for default languages. This is awkward, and the default snippets conflict with user-defined snippets.

This closed package system is bound to be frustrating, why not open them up so everyone can fork / contribute to packages on github?[/quote]

It’s not a closed format. It’s a zip file.

0 Likes

Small visual quirk I found.
There’s a strange, about pixel size brighter spot in bottom right corner of the editor window. Attached an image showing that.

0 Likes

[quote=“Nilium”]

[quote=“danro”]Now that the default packages are hidden away in a closed format, we are unable to remove snippets for default languages. This is awkward, and the default snippets conflict with user-defined snippets.

This closed package system is bound to be frustrating, why not open them up so everyone can fork / contribute to packages on github?[/quote]

It’s not a closed format. It’s a zip file.[/quote]

Right, but even with it as a zip file, how are we supposed to contribute / raise issues on packages? This is just going to lead to unofficial forks all over the place.

0 Likes

Same here. “Reveal in Finder” also does not work.

0 Likes

Hi jon

help() command does not work on the console.
Please check.

>>> help()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'help' is not defined

startup, version: 3008 windows x64 channel: stable

0 Likes

“Goto Definition” is great, but how do I go back to previous location? I do not find any key binding or menu item…

0 Likes

It’s a plugin, so you could probably hax it, if you really missed a jump_back command.

Some guy already wrote one for ST2: github.com/optilude/SublimeText … History.py

You could franken join the 2 for happy times in the lightning storm

0 Likes

The find panel needs to be closed and reopened to get it to run on a newly opened file.
Once reopened all matching instances of the search string are highlighted.
Pressing find all works as expected without cycling the panel.

0 Likes

When Find in Files results are displayed in the find panel and not a buffer the panel cannot be resized to show more results at once.
Im currently using the buffer functionality as a work around.

0 Likes

I’m getting occasional hang-ups when building my project. It seems that I get maybe a couple lines of output (which are immediate), then the GUI for that window hangs completely and I have to close ST3 to recover.

Also, the build output is being captured, but not scrolling to the end like ST2. Not so much a complaint as it is an observation.

Windows 7.

0 Likes

Bug: the on_new_async callback uses the “on_new” list and then fails as there is no “on_new_async” implemented

def on_new_async(view_id):
    v = sublime.View(view_id)
    for callback in all_callbacks'on_new']:
        callback.on_new_async(v)
0 Likes

In 3008 OSX, plugin_host crashes with import ctypes. Going back to 3007…

0 Likes

It’s clearly doing the wrong thing here, but I don’t believe it’s a regression: ST2 has the same behavior for me. Perhaps you edited your Python.tmLanguage in ST2?

0 Likes

@jps: I’m experiencing a bug in which, if I add to my project a folder that contains subversion files/folders (.svn, etc.), a couple ‘sublime-text’ processes are spawned that each eat up 100% cpu, and never seem to stop - even closing Sublime Text doesn’t make them quit. I’m on Ubuntu, using the 64 bit version of Sublime Text. And I tested on the last build of Sublime Text 2 and it doesn’t seem to have the problem.

0 Likes

Small bug in the Selection class: the eq operator is defined as “list(self) == list(rhs)”. If rhs is then something that can’t be coerced into a list (None), it crashes. Maybe add a try:…except:return False?

Also, I’m guessing this is known, but Selection.str doesn’t exist. It looks like the WordHighlight plugin is relying on it to see if a view’s selection is the same across two runs of a command via “str(sel_a) == str(sel_b)”.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

It’s clearly doing the wrong thing here, but I don’t believe it’s a regression: ST2 has the same behavior for me. Perhaps you edited your Python.tmLanguage in ST2?[/quote]

I just did a diff between Python.tmLanguage (ST2) and Python.sublime-package (ST3) and the only difference between the two is the Python.sublime-package has additional information before the plist and after the /plist. Also, I don’t ever remember editing my Python.tmLanguage file.

Please let me know if you’d like me to send my files to you for reference. Thanks!
Bryan

0 Likes

[quote=“akautm”]Hi jon

help() command does not work on the console.
Please check.

>>> help()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'help' is not defined

startup, version: 3008 windows x64 channel: stable[/quote]

from pydoc import help

try help command

0 Likes