Sublime Forum

Build 3009

[quote=“castles_made_of_sand”]On Ubuntu 12.04 x64

Goto definition commands not working (nor were they in 3008 )

Symbols show in goto symbol in project but selection of an item in the quick panel is a noop … ?

This a problem for anyone else?[/quote]

No problems here with goto definition and goto symbol in project, on Ubuntu 12.10 x64 (tested only on python code)

0 Likes

jps,

Any chance you can fix this two issues:

ST3 Bug report: Panels not scrolling automatically

And

ST3 Bug: delete file hangs

They are the major annoyances I have with ST3 at the moment.

Thanks!

– Felipe.

0 Likes

Maybe I’m doing something stupid :confused:

0 Likes

Can you enable the console logging described in the first post of this topic, and send the output to support@sublimetext.com?

fcoury: The file deleting issue on OS X is fixed in 3009

0 Likes

after upgrading from 3008 to 3009 on osx i got this
i rolled back to 3008, but maybe this will help to fix something :wink:

[quote]Process: Sublime Text [39821]
Path: /Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/Sublime Text
Identifier: Sublime Text
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [235]

Date/Time: 2013-02-01 16:15:44.484 +0300
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63)
Report Version: 9

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @loader_path/…/Frameworks/Sparkle.framework/Versions/A/Sparkle
Referenced from: /Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/Sublime Text
Reason: image not found

Binary Images:
0x10dad2000 - 0x10df7ffff +Sublime Text (??? - ???) /Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/Sublime Text
0x7fff6d6d2000 - 0x7fff6d706baf dyld (195.6 - ???) <0CD1B35B-A28F-32DA-B72E-452EAD609613> /usr/lib/dyld
0x7fff852bd000 - 0x7fff852bdfff com.apple.Cocoa (6.6 - ???) <7EC4D759-B2A6-3A99-AC75-809FED1500C6> /System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework/Versions/A/Cocoa
0x7fff87be0000 - 0x7fff87be0fff com.apple.Carbon (153 - 153) /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Carbon

[/quote]

0 Likes

[quote=“castles_made_of_sand”]@Quarnster

How you do the upgrade?[/quote]

It’s a bit complex, actually. I had 3007 running as “Sublime Text” and 3008 running as “Sublime Text 3008”. 3008 was the one that was updated to 3009 and the “subl” command was pointing to the “Sublime Text” path so was launching 3007 (but the window of the now 3009 was the one that moved to the front, despite the file being opened in 3007). The confusion was severe as to why I couldn’t alt+~ between the two open ST3 windows until I realized what was going on :smile:

0 Likes

Dunno wtf I was doing wrong before, but suddenly goto definition works :smile:

:astonished:

0 Likes

Indexing now working on windows XP ! And i must say i’m really impressed by how fast indexing was done o0 (i have a project with more than 4k files, with different languages)

0 Likes

Is there anyway, to say, add a python virtualenv to the symbol index, but have it NOT show up in the goto anything panel (ctrl+p )?

0 Likes

@castles_made_of_sand: You mean like providing “Goto Definition” support but not “Symbol List”?

0 Likes

No, but I can see how that might be nice too

0 Likes

Then what? I don’t really understand.

And slightly going OT here, but it seems like the forum’s server’s clock is about 1:20min ahead despite selecting the correct timezone in preferences.

Edit: Something I just discovered: When I opened ST3 portable for the first time it displayed the sidebar. I could not close the sidebar (using “ctrl+k, ctrl+b”) until I selected “View > Side Bar > Show open files”, after that it works as expected.

0 Likes

Yes, I noticed that too. Ctrl+k, Ctrl+b seems not work without enabling view open files, but it’s also stopped working for me on a few other occasions.

0 Likes

@jps

view.insert in ST2 had this description:

Inserts the given string in the buffer at the specified point. Returns the number of characters inserted: this may be different if tabs are being translated into spaces in the current buffer.

In ST3 view.insert returns nothing. Is there a reason for this, and can we get it to return the characters inserted again?

0 Likes

Note: This post is courtesy of boredom, I guess.

I reviewed the “sublime.py” file, mostly adjusting it to match pep8, add a few “isinstance” checks, removed a typo, added some blank lines to separate (probably similar) constants and removed the call of “sublime_api.settings_get” respectively. Check the revisions for the changes I made, the first commit was the original file.
gist.github.com/4694665

Edit: Updated magic for Selection class because as it works now there is no way that comparing two Selection instances of the same view construct different lists due to their wrapper nature. The only possibilities that these could differ are 1. that the selection is changed by some other thread between evaluating the two operands and 2. Selection instances of different views. Thus, comparing the view_id attributes seems more accurate/reliable. “lt” cannot really be implemented. “strcan be used to compare older Selection objects with an updated one due to wrapper nature. See also.

0 Likes

I’m using plugin_loaded() to import a module which is working fine, but I’m getting an error

"sublime_plugin.py", line 133, in on_api_ready
    for m in sys.modules.values():
RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration

Is there any way to avoid this?

0 Likes

Can’t you just import the module the normal way? plugin_loaded is only required for API calls, it’s best to do module imports before that, so the application isn’t blocking on IO

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

Can’t you just import the module the normal way? plugin_loaded is only required for API calls, it’s best to do module imports before that, so the application isn’t blocking on IO[/quote]

I’m using a string from the package’s sublime-settings file to load the module which only contains completions.

If that’s a really bad idea, I’d love some recommendations.

0 Likes

The most direct solution would be to use set_timeout or set_timeout_async. The latter will run the passed in function in a separate thread, so is preferable if it’s not going to cause trouble elsewhere. Module importing in Python is threadsafe, although I don’t know off the top of my head if custom importers need to do anything to maintain this guarantee. All plugins are loaded through a custom importer, MultizipImporter in sublime_plugin.py.

0 Likes

jps, what is your stance on the smart_indent issue described here: smart_indent bug? ?

Without any knowledge of ST internals I’m daring to assume that this is an easy fix. Is it possible to get it in ST3? This is a blocker for me and, I’m sure, for some other people as well. Using ST for languages without braces and some other editor for braced languages will be… awkard.

I tried to do a proper workaround by adjusting the Default keymap, but it seems that anything that does \n insertion is a suspect (i.e. “o”/“O” commands in Vintage and probably other things) - not to mention unindent on “}”.

0 Likes