Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Build 3007

Re: Build 3007

Postby jps on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:31 pm

C0D312 wrote:bug (OSX): when launching ST when there's a window open from the previous session and the sidebar is hidden, ST will animate the sidebar in, then quickly close it only half way.

Should be fixed now in 3008.
jps
Site Admin

Postby reddshack on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:38 pm

xeno.by wrote:
reddshack wrote:
Arjan wrote:Goto Symbol in Project is the most important new function to me, and why not let "Ctrl+Click" automatically do Goto Symbol in Project? That way, navigating through code will be a breeze.

+1

I'd second this suggestion. It's possible to emulate this feature (at least, it worked in ST2), but the implementation is really cumbersome.

I'm retracting my +1 here. This functionality is exactly what "Goto Definition..." is. Didn't even realize this. Works perfectly as-is with keyboard shortcuts. Thanks jps.
reddshack

Postby Arjan on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:57 pm

reddshack wrote:I'm retracting my +1 here. This functionality is exactly what "Goto Definition..." is. Didn't even realize this. Works perfectly as-is with keyboard shortcuts. Thanks jps.

I'm well aware of F12.

But sometimes I navigate the project with the mouse (usually when I forget a filename and navigate the Folders view), and Alt+Click instead of F12 is thus niceness (ctrl+click is already taken for multiple cursors, but that's fine)
Arjan

Postby FichteFoll on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:21 pm

Arjan wrote:But sometimes I navigate the project with the mouse (usually when I forget a filename and navigate the Folders view), and Alt+Click instead of F12 is thus niceness (ctrl+click is already taken for multiple cursors, but that's fine)

alt+click should be already taken as well for removing multiple cursers (that is, dragging them). However, you should be able to create a mouse mapping that runs the goto definition command, e.g. when ctrl-alt-clicking or alt-doubleclicking. See existing ".sublime-mousemap" files for reference.
FichteFoll

Postby xeno.by on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:49 am

The problem is not in mousemap. It's in getting the coordinates of the text that's been clicked.
xeno.by

Postby lunixbochs on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:30 am

xeno.by wrote:The problem is not in mousemap. It's in getting the coordinates of the text that's been clicked.
SublimeXiki has some example code to do something like this in ST2
lunixbochs

Postby xeno.by on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:50 am

lunixbochs wrote:
xeno.by wrote:The problem is not in mousemap. It's in getting the coordinates of the text that's been clicked.
SublimeXiki has some example code to do something like this in ST2

view.sel()[0] isn't going to work with multiple selections. By "not going work" I mean that I don't know how to have a mouseclick command that leaves multiple selections untouched and is able to do custom logic based on the clicked location. Here's what I have to do in sublime-ensime: https://github.com/sublimescala/sublime ... me.py#L190, and still that's not good enough. If you know a better way, please, tell me.
xeno.by

Postby FichteFoll on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:45 am

Two options.

1. Make the command only work with a single selection. I can't imagine a case where you'd want to run "goto definition" with multiple cursors - by mouse.

2. In ST2 you could hook into the "run_" method which just removed the "event" argument from the arguments table. This "event" argument contained details on mouseclicks. Not sure if you can do this in ST3 too.
FichteFoll

Postby xeno.by on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:18 pm

FichteFoll wrote:Two options.

1. Make the command only work with a single selection. I can't imagine a case where you'd want to run "goto definition" with multiple cursors - by mouse.

2. In ST2 you could hook into the "run_" method which just removed the "event" argument from the arguments table. This "event" argument contained details on mouseclicks. Not sure if you can do this in ST3 too.

1. A valid argument, but why not do better if we can do better?
2. That's exactly what I do in the code linked above. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to translate screen coords into text coords.
xeno.by

Postby dan.sanduleac on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:16 pm

fjl wrote:Also, it would be really nice if you supported variable substitution (e.g. ${filepath/...}) in the symbol transform expression.

+1
More specifically, could you also include the ability to insert previous elements from the parent scope? For instance, it would be useful if we could prepend the parent class's name to a method, when transforming its symbol. It should be easy to do if supported, by prepending something like "${meta.class-struct-block.c++ entity.name.type.c++}::" to the method name.
dan.sanduleac

Previous

Return to General Discussion