Sublime Forum

Double-click to open from sidebar folder broken in ST3

Working on a large project I often have parts of the folder tree in the sidebar Folders view in ST2. This means I can easily switch to a given file by its location in the hierarchy, which is sometimes more convenient than typing a uniqueish part of its path or name. In ST2 this worked by just double clicking the file, but in ST3 the first click creates a ‘ghost’ of the file in the Open Files list (which I use in lieu of tabs) and this moves the Folders view down one line, meaning that my mouse is no longer on the same file. The end result is that instead of double-clicking I need to click once, move my mouse down one line and then double-click. The other option is to start editing the file, but this doesn’t work when I’m trying to just open multiple files first before editing all of them.

If it’s not feasible to change the new behavior, I hope a setting could be provided to make opening files from the Folders view easier.

0 Likes

ST3 Bug: Sidebar folder collapsing when selecting file

amg. THATS what keeps happening to me!
/slaps forehead!

lol

0 Likes

Same here! Also, when a file is adjacent to a folder, the folder opens which makes it impossible to double-click the file. Additionally, when I open a file inside a folder the folder closes. Here’s a demonstration what happens:

http://www.screenr.com/NAG7

0 Likes

This has been getting to me today, I’ve had to set:

"preview_on_click": false

…which is not the setup I desire.

UPDATE

Didn’t see this menu option before: ‘View’ > ‘Side Bar’ > ‘Hide Open Files’

0 Likes