Sublime Forum

20100201 beta

Looks good, but I’ve run into a bug whereby sublime will crash if you try to call find-in-files when there’s no file open.
Start Sublime, then hit ctrl+shift+f before you open a file. It’ll crash. Then do the same but open an empty file first.

0 Likes

[quote=“ifni”]Looks good, but I’ve run into a bug whereby sublime will crash if you try to call find-in-files when there’s no file open.
Start Sublime, then hit ctrl+shift+f before you open a file. It’ll crash. Then do the same but open an empty file first.[/quote]

Doesn’t crash for me… Can’t replicate the crash with your provided description

0 Likes

So there was some kind of improvement with rendering asian languages?

I manage a website that has both English and Chinese versions, and I’ve always experienced a lengthy delay of 3 to 10 seconds when opening any file containing UTF-8 Chinese characters. The delay still exists in the latest beta. Is this because Sublime is pre-loading all of the glyphs from the font file? I say this because if I close the file, then reopen it in Sublime, there is then little to no delay. This pre-loading effect doesn’t seem to lessen the delay when loading other files with Chinese characters though.

It’s annoying, but not really a bug per se.

0 Likes

[quote=“ifni”]Looks good, but I’ve run into a bug whereby sublime will crash if you try to call find-in-files when there’s no file open.
Start Sublime, then hit ctrl+shift+f before you open a file. It’ll crash. Then do the same but open an empty file first.[/quote]

Confirmed here. On WinXP.

0 Likes

The crash with ctrl+shift+f only happens if find.useSelectedText is true. I’ll fix this in the next beta.

The rendering improvement with asian languages was rectifying some issues in calculating the widths of characters, it hasn’t changed the performance though. There are some things I can do to improve perf here; it’s on the todo list.

0 Likes

Is there a way to specify multiple file types in the find-in-files option?

0 Likes

ifni: yep, just separate them with a semicolon

0 Likes