Sublime Forum

Latex plugin

Hi!

First of all, really great application you have here!

I’ve been using it mainly for writing latex documents on Windows XP, and both Sublime and the Latex plugin (http://www.sublimetextwiki.com/pages/LaTeX.html) have been working great.
But now I’ve bought a new PC with Windows 7, and despite having the miktex bin directory on the system PATH, I can’t textify my documents… I’ve also added the sumatrapdf directory to the PATH and sublime launches that application without any problem…

I really wanted to keep using this application, but this is really an essential feature for me. Any help?

0 Likes

Hi,

thanks for your kind words re. the LaTeX plugin. Let’s see how I can help.

First, you say that you can launch SumatraPDF, right? I assume that means that if you hit ctrl+alt+V, SumatraPDF pops up and shows the file you are working on. Correct?

Second, what happens when you invoke texify (via ctr+alt+t)? Something that tripped me up with Miktex was the automatic package installation. I set it up so that it would install packages for all users, which brings up the UAC dialog. Unfortunately, that typically stays behind the Sublime Text dialog, so you must look for it to appear in the taskbar.

I think this was not a problem when the texify command used to bring up a console, because then the UAC dialog would appear in the foreground. Now the texify command (correctly) runs in the background, but maybe this has the unpleasant side effect of hiding the UAC dialog.

Does this help? Any further info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! M

0 Likes

Hi, and thanks for the reply!

I’m just posting this now, because I was afk for the weekend.
I’m able to launch SumatraPDF through ctrl+alt+V and through Tools->Packages->Latex Package-> View PDF Output, which I know is exactly the same thing.
When I invoke texify (through the keyboard shortcut, or the menu) nothing happens. No UAC dialog pops up, hidden or not hidden. I believe I installed Miktex for all users, because that’s what i usually do.

0 Likes

OK, just to be 100% sure—can you invoke texify from the command line, from the directory where your latex files are? Sorry if this is obvious/trivial.

0 Likes

I have uploaded a new revision that shows an error message in case the “texify” command cannot be run. You may want to try it out (it’s available from the Sublime Text wiki, or on Google Code) and let me know what kind of error you get. Thanks, and good luck! M

0 Likes

Hi again.

Sorry for the long time between posts. I’ve just downloaded the new Sublime Text, version 1.3, and texify now works. Haven’t tried what you uploaded though… Do u want me to?

Thanks!

0 Likes

I’m glad it worked. The latest (Feb. 21) version adds a couple of snippets that are useful if you use Beamer for presentations, so it may be a good idea to pull it. Plus, in case any problem should arise down the road, the texify command now reports errors.

BTW, one of the things on my TODO list is to make sure that the package works without requiring that texify, sumatrapdf etc. be on the %PATH%.

Enjoy the plugin! M

0 Likes