Sublime Forum

Build 3010

Is it possible to “find functions referencing this symbol” as with ctags/gnu global/etc.?

Regards,

-b.

0 Likes

@badeip: Should be possible to implement as a plugin if you really need it.

0 Likes

I’m having trouble with the build system in this one. I have a simple build system file:

{
“cmd”: “make -j7”],
“working_dir”: “/Users/foo/src/myproject/build”
}

Regardless of various permutations (such as /usr/bin/make instead of make, etc.)

[Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘make -j7’
[cmd: [‘make -j7’]]
[dir: /Users/foo/src/myproject/build]
[path: /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin]
[Finished]

The same command works from the command.

0 Likes

Good.
Lack of cross-referencing is a show stopper for me.

0 Likes

@sandover: Different parameters are assigned to different list entries for “cmd”. Thus, you do

"cmd": "make", "-j7"],

because subprocess.Popen formats the parameters automatically depending on which OS you are on.

0 Likes

I’m experiencing frequent lockups when opening and/or closing files. plugin_host often goes wild with 100% cpu usage and keeps allocating memory (last I checked 10 GB).

0 Likes

People have been requesting this since ST2 beta. Good luck.

sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/9 … -on-linux/

0 Likes

Found another XML-related bug: Sublime Text crashes trying to load an empty snippet file: pastebin.com/Kkmv0n53

0 Likes

when I press ctrl+B to run the python file , The console error as below:

Unable to find target command: exec

0 Likes

[quote=“toplinuxsir”]when I press ctrl+B to run the python file , The console error as below:

Unable to find target command: exec[/quote]

Same here on Fedora 17 (64 Bit).

ST2 works fine however.

edit: Same python command but ST3 uses shell_cmd and ST2 uses just cmd in the Python.sublime-build files.

Haven’t tested with other build systems.

0 Likes

I have noted a problem in ST3 in python mode (which I actually just tested in ST2 and there is the same problem):

In the following test code:

class Testing:
	def __init__(self):
		self._name = 'Test'

def getname(self):
		return self._name

def setname(self,value):
		self._name = value

def delname(self):
		del self._name

name = property(getname,setname,delname)

# This is just a comment

When I fold (which I am only allowed to do on the class level and not on the method level (unless I manually fold the code) it looks like:

class Testing: ...t

i.e. keeping the last “t” of the comment outside the fold.

I know it is a minor bug, but since I just noticed that it has been there for 2 versions of the editor, I think it should be fixed at some point (and maybe add method folding in Python as well?)

Regards,

Nikos

0 Likes

[quote=“corelon”]I have noted a problem in ST3 in python mode (which I actually just tested in ST2 and there is the same problem):

In the following test code:

class Testing:
	def __init__(self):
		self._name = 'Test'

def getname(self):
		return self._name

def setname(self,value):
		self._name = value

def delname(self):
		del self._name

name = property(getname,setname,delname)

# This is just a comment

When I fold (which I am only allowed to do on the class level and not on the method level (unless I manually fold the code) it looks like:

class Testing: ...t

i.e. keeping the last “t” of the comment outside the fold.

I know it is a minor bug, but since I just noticed that it has been there for 2 versions of the editor, I think it should be fixed at some point (and maybe add method folding in Python as well?)

Regards,

Nikos[/quote]

As far as i can see that’s not a bug. From indentation the comment is belonging to the class. I see the same behaviour with Scite and Komodo 7 + 8

0 Likes

Two differences though with scite. There is method folding as well.
And the last “t” is not shown.

0 Likes

After playing around with the Default.sublime-theme file, my menu bars are all duplicated.

I commented out all my changes is the theme file, yet now the theme file doesn’t work at all and it didn’t fix the problem either.

Edit: I fixed it :\ Multiple duplicate files in the User directory caused this.

0 Likes

Thank you, thank you, for project_file_name(), project_data(), and set_project_data(). It makes handling project stuff so much easier in a plugin. I didn’t realize what it was when it was mentioned earlier, but this makes me very happy.

0 Likes

Quick switch project is failing to recognize .sublime-project files after only a letter and then it finally recognizes the project again after a few more. I don’t really know how to describe it so here are some pictures.
Note: this is on Windows 8 64bit.

0 Likes

Trying to subprocess.Popen() fails in osx 10.7.5: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10951&start=0

Seems something is still missing from the binary.

0 Likes

It looks like font rendering is now enabling bold and italic for fonts that don’t natively support it (e.g. Monaco). THANK YOU for doing this!

0 Likes

I am seeing an issue with Build 3010 where if you create a global variable in plugin_loaded, it does not always make it to globals.

For instance, if I create a settings object to access later, I find that sometimes it won’t exist when the plugin gets loaded:

def plugin_loaded(): global sh_settings sh_settings = sublime.load_settings('scope_hunter.sublime-settings')

And then when the plugin tries to access it later:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_plugin.py", line 205, in on_selection_modified callback.on_selection_modified(v) File "C:\Users\muse_i\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Packages\ScopeHunter\scope_hunter.py", line 178, in on_selection_modified self.clear_regions(view) File "C:\Users\muse_i\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Packages\ScopeHunter\scope_hunter.py", line 171, in clear_regions if self.enabled and bool(sh_settings.get("highlight_extent", False)) and len(view.get_regions("scope_hunter")): NameError: global name 'sh_settings' is not defined

I have at least confirmed this on Windows so far.

0 Likes

It appears what actually happened is a little weirder. I was dynamically importing some library based on the system platform inside of plugin_loaded on the first plugin, and that caused some kind of error, then in the second plugin I was seeing the issue where the settings initialization in the other plugin in plugin_loaded did not work. There seems to be some kind of dynamics involved if one plugin screws up in plugin_loaded, others can have side-effects in plugin_loaded as well.

0 Likes