Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Questions about Build Systems in Tools Menu

Re: Questions about Build Systems in Tools Menu

Postby jps on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:53 am

knitatoms wrote:I'm still wondering if it's possible to run python files without installing python and just using the python files that come with sublime (python dll and also a zipped python 2.5 distribution) - but no big deal if this isn't possible.

It's not, no - there's no python.exe that's distributed with Sublime Text.
jps
Site Admin

Postby knitatoms on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:54 am

Thanks for confirming that.
knitatoms

Postby Abisha on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:58 pm

Thanks for the dialog on Java and Build Systems, the solutions in this thread helped tremendously. It's nice to hit a couple keystrokes and viola . I'm taking my first programming class at University, and Java is the language being taught. Overall this editor is robust and lightweight, I absolutely love it. I registered with the forum just to say thanks to the author and the contributors on the forums. I'm going to have a productive semester. Thanks everyone.

-Abisha

P.S. I would love to support the editor, but is there a student discount? <cough-please> :D
Abisha

Postby knitatoms on Thu May 13, 2010 6:57 pm

I've just come back to doing some more Python learning... but today when I have a Python file loaded and hit F7 in Sublime I get a blank Output Panel.

I still have build system set as Python, the file type is .py and python.exe is set correctly in my Windows path... this used to work fine. If I look in the Console I can see Sublime trying to execute the files and if I copy these lines into a command prompt they run just fine:

Code: Select all
running command "C:/Python25/python.exe" "D:\Documents\Programming\python\02-trivia.py" from directory D:\Documents\Programming\python
exec: trying C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /A /S /C ""C:/Python25/python.exe" "D:\Documents\Programming\python\02-trivia.py""

I also just tried on my laptop with the same result. The only change I can think that has happened since my previous posts here is that I've upgraded to Sublime 1.3 (also just tried the latest beta with same result).

Can someone else confirm if this is happening for them? I'm confused! (Or have done something stupid!)
knitatoms

Postby guillermooo on Thu May 13, 2010 7:11 pm

Can you show the code?

I've had similar experiences with poweshell, but I haven't been able to determine what's the root of the problem.
guillermooo

Postby knitatoms on Thu May 13, 2010 7:39 pm

aha - just realised the problem.... i had:

Code: Select all
raw_input

in the files i was playing with... works fine if not.

any ideas how i can get user input from the console?
knitatoms

Previous

Return to General Discussion