Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

When will the sublime text 3 be ready ?

Re: When will the sublime text 3 be ready ?

Postby excalibur1976 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:07 pm

I also bought a license. because sublime text 2 works perfect for me and my workflows (php, ruby on rails, nodejs, git-glow ...).

if we / you not get a license, maybe a there will be no 3th version in future ...

So support - like we / i - by buying a license...
excalibur1976

Postby iPaintCode on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:26 am

xeno.by wrote:
some apps force dedicated even on just battery

You can use gfxCardStatus to make the OS always use the integrated GPU.

That don't work anymore, the guy behind gfx has given reasons why it's not possible in 10.8 and that feature was always buggy. So it's more or less a menu bar icon to see what GPU the OS is using AND a nice list of what apps are forcing the dGPU.

Check out the bottom, iii. why was power source-based switching removed?, (http://gfx.io/switching.html)
iPaintCode

Postby quarnster on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:01 am

iPaintCode wrote:
xeno.by wrote:
some apps force dedicated even on just battery

You can use gfxCardStatus to make the OS always use the integrated GPU.

That don't work anymore, the guy behind gfx has given reasons why it's not possible in 10.8 and that feature was always buggy. So it's more or less a menu bar icon to see what GPU the OS is using AND a nice list of what apps are forcing the dGPU.

Check out the bottom, iii. why was power source-based switching removed?, (http://gfx.io/switching.html)

That only applies to power source-based switching, you can still manually switch.
quarnster

Postby xeno.by on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:12 am

I mean this. Looks like it's working, and it's actually working - e.g. performance of StarCraft 2 in Integrated Only mode is much worse than with Dynamic Switching.

xeno.by

Postby jasonkostempski on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:21 pm

pier wrote:
jasonkostempski wrote:I don't even really care about new versions or updates, it mostly works great for me as it is, I just would like to see some sign that the developer hasn't just cashed in his chips. An editor is a big time investment for a developer.

Even if Sublime never got another update, it's one of the best tools I've ever used... and I'd keep using it.

It is fantastic, but things Sublime depends on, such as OSes and GUI APIs, get updated all the time. If anyone one of the updates breaks Sublime and it's never going to get an update, I'll have no choice but to move to a different editor.
jasonkostempski

Postby Zotlan on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:29 pm

pier wrote:
jasonkostempski wrote:I don't even really care about new versions or updates, it mostly works great for me as it is, I just would like to see some sign that the developer hasn't just cashed in his chips. An editor is a big time investment for a developer.

Even if Sublime never got another update, it's one of the best tools I've ever used... and I'd keep using it.

It's an excellent tool, but there are bugs and limitations. For example, on Linux, the menu bar does not disappear in distraction free mode (adding distractions) and there is no proper FTP access through sublime text. (yes, you can synchronise using plugins, but that still requires all files to be on your system, which is not always workable)
Zotlan

Postby qgates on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:44 am

Zotlan wrote:It's an excellent tool, but there are bugs and limitations. For example, on Linux, the menu bar does not disappear in distraction free mode (adding distractions) and there is no proper FTP access through sublime text. (yes, you can synchronise using plugins, but that still requires all files to be on your system, which is not always workable)

+1 Glad to see I'm not alone - the Linux menubar thing is a real drag and would probably alone justify the upgrade fee for me.

There are certainly other bugs and limitations though. It would be nice for Jon to be a little more responsive to the problems and limitations as well as the brand new features - which, so far, I'm really liking btw.

Proper tabstops a la Brief and virtual space are also high on my list. I work in some funky languages and Sublime is a no go for much of this editing work at the moment.
qgates

Postby skaet on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:25 am

Far out you people are self-entitled. ST3 beta has been out for a week and you're already demanding "when will it be ready?"

ST2 was updated 4 months ago and ST3 has just been announced and you think the development is dead or there's no support? What is wrong with you?
skaet

Postby Zotlan on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:34 am

Look at the dates, this thread was started before ST3 Beta was released.
Zotlan

Previous

Return to General Discussion