Sublime Forum

Function/variable declaration locator

I loved how in Netbeans I could locate a function declaration or variable declaration and go to it. I know sublime text has this feature with SublimeCodeIntel, but it has issues. I also would like to see more php related features since that is one of my main programming languages.

Any way just thought I would say hi since I made the purchase of Sublime text and the SFTP plugin.

0 Likes

Welcome to the forums. It’s important to note that Sublime Text is a text editor, not an IDE like NetBeans, so you won’t see all of the features built in. That being said, there is an extensive plugin community, so some of the features you are looking for may already exist. There are post around the web of plugins that people find useful. Out of curiosity, what types of “php related features” would you like to see?

Anyways, welcome again :smiley:

0 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome. When I referenced Netbeans the IDE I only used it in the context of the find function/variable declarations. I well aware of the fact Sublime Text is a text editor. In fact that is the reason most people like. I have explored several of the plugins and know about the plugin community as I already stated I tried code intel and I also purchased the SFTP plugin.

Mostly web dev/php functions would be nice, but some functions would be nice if brought into the main line code to improve performance and reliability. I don’t want to mess with installing a plugin if it doesn’t work well. Some quality control would be nice since some of the plugins don’t even work correctly. I guess you can’t complain since its free, but I would rather pay for something that works then download something that is free and needs some manual time consuming massaging. You know what I mean? I mean I use this for work.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome.

0 Likes