Sublime Forum

[ST3] automatic update fails

hello,

just to let you know that the automatic update of ST3 is broken on both my machines (two Mac Minis, one with Lion and the other with Snow Leopard). I have to download the dmg, throw away the application and copy the new version.

This is what I get.

0 Likes

[quote=“chieroz”]hello,

just to let you know that the automatic update of ST3 is broken on both my machines (two Mac Minis, one with Lion and the other with Snow Leopard). I have to download the dmg, throw away the application and copy the new version.
[/quote]

I have the same experience on my MBP with OS X 10.8.2. After I ask the updater to Install and Launch, I see several Ok type dialogs that complain about syntax errors in things like color schemes. The buttons on these dialogs are not clickable – that is, they won’t focus. Sooner or later the Report / Reopen “crash” dialog appears.

In /Applications, I’m left with “Sublime Text ()” and “Sublime Text” (with a broken icon). To recover, I throw away both, download from Jon’s site, install, and then we’re back to work.

I don’t know where the updater puts its downloads – in /var or /tmp, I hope. If it matters, I have Sublime Text 2 also.

0 Likes