Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

ST3: FuzzyFileNav

Re: ST3: FuzzyFileNav

Postby facelessuser on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:21 pm

Yeah, savings been in there for a while. I even announced it. I figured you saw it, or would eventually stumble on it.
facelessuser

Postby quodlibet on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:31 pm

I think I saw this back when, but it doesn't do what I mean by saving, if memory serves. I'll have a look at it when I get home.

Alex
quodlibet

Postby quodlibet on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:20 pm

Yup. What I mean by 'saving' is replacing the functionality of Ctrl+S (Save) -- i.e., saving the file if it already exists & otherwise popping open FFN*, preferably restricted so that I am forced to save the file before my ADD kicks in.

* I am, slowly, learning Colemak, which has caused me to become very fond of logograms & abbrv. :D

Alex
quodlibet

Postby facelessuser on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm

I will look into a little later. I think it is probably doable, but you would have to override your save shortcut with a FFN entry point. I can't just add it to "on_save", it just wouldn't work well there. When I get a bit more time, I will look into this.
facelessuser

Postby sublimator on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:24 pm

You could probably [ab]use view.retarget for fun and profit ?
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby facelessuser on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:39 pm

castles_made_of_sand wrote:You could probably [ab]use view.retarget for fun and profit ?

True :). I feel bad enough for the abuse I have already committed.
facelessuser

Postby sublimator on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:53 pm

facelessuser wrote: :). I feel bad enough for the abuse I have already committed.

Forgive him father, for he knows what he does
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby sublimator on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:54 pm

quodlibet wrote:* I am, slowly, learning Colemak, which has caused me to become very fond of logograms & abbrv. :D

colemak ftw! I never learned qwerty so can't compare it to anything but I never get sore hands :)
sublimator

Postby facelessuser on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:17 pm

Never heard of colemak. Doesn't look to hard to learn; not a huge change like dvorak. I may give it a try.
facelessuser

Postby quodlibet on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:39 pm

facelessuser wrote:I will look into a little later. I think it is probably doable, but you would have to override your save shortcut with a FFN entry point. I can't just add it to "on_save", it just wouldn't work well there. When I get a bit more time, I will look into this.

I would be very grateful! I've already mapped FFN to Ctrl+O, which is why its (short) absence from ST3 crippled me. I would have no problem doing the same for Ctrl+S, but you would need to provide an appropriate command. I looked into writing it myself, but it's a little beyond my capabilities.

I can use the menu if I need to use my OS's filesystem dialogs (or make appropriate commands for the palette).

facelessuser wrote:Never heard of colemak. Doesn't look to hard to learn; not a huge change like dvorak. I may give it a try.

FWIW, I started learning Colemak on Thanksgiving (you can imagine what fun I must have been having! ;) ). I practiced for a couple dozen hours to get all the keys down and then it was a matter of training my muscle memory. I was doing around 20 WPM when I began confusing Colemak & Qwerty, thus necessitating switching 100%. (This was at the beginning of January. I should mention that I had a two-week hiatus from all keyboards just prior.) That was painful until I hit 30 WPM, which is about the minimum I can tolerate. I think I'm at about 40+ now (a far cry from the 90ish WPM I had originally), but I like Colemak thus far. I should also note that even though I was very fast, I did not know how to touch type.

castles_made_of_sand wrote:colemak ftw!

Speaking of win, did you ever find a solution to using Colemak with Vim bindings in Sublime? I am a Vim virgin (or is that a vimgin?), but I don't see how it would work with Colemak. Do you remap HJKL to HNEI? If, so, what do you do with N or I? Et cetera...

Alex

Edit: typos and silly things
quodlibet

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Announcements