Sublime Forum

LaTeX syntax highlighting addition (ampersand)

Hello, all,

I’m new, hi, everyone!

Have just installed ST2 and ST3beta after being drawn in by seeing some videos about its features. I’m hoping it will be my new favorite editor for LaTeX source files.

I noticed a syntax highlighting oddity: the ampersand character is not highlighted. In the matrix and tabular environments in LaTeX, the ampersand delineates columns and so is important to have highlighted (outside of these environments it doesn’t matter). In other editors for TeX I have used, the ampersand is highlighted, and I think I didn’t notice how useful that was until I found it was missing in Sublime Text.

So I have a suggestion and a question:

• Suggestion: Ampersand highlighting should be added within the matrix (and related e.g. bmatrix, pmatrix) and tabular environments.

• Question: A lot seems customizable in ST2 (and I’m guessing ST3 also: I haven’t set up LaTeXTools in ST3 yet so I’ll use ST2 for now). Is there a way to add a custom syntax highlighting rule?

Cheers!

0 Likes

… oh, should have read the stickied thread first. UserEcho? Hrmn.

Doesn’t appear that feature request is listed on UserEcho, but I’m not sure I understand the UserEcho interface very well.

0 Likes