Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

If drive not available; cannot run sublime text

If drive not available; cannot run sublime text

Postby reevesjeremy on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:35 pm

ST v.2.01

I code from a USB stick. Occasionally I start up Sublime Text without first putting in the stick.
If I leave a folder in the project which originates from the USB stick, and I open Sublime Text, I get this message:
"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive X:."

I have the options:
Cancel ; Try Again ; Continue

None of these options work if I fail to insert the USB drive.
Instead, I must follow these steps to close ST.
1. Click Continue or Cancel. (Try again does not work unless you have the USB drive.)
2. Sublime Text window appears.
3. Close Sublime Text by using X (File>Exit will lock it up and cause a forced close).
4. Click Continue or Cancel again, two times.

Note: You cannot open Sublime Text 2 until there is a drive letter available that it wants.
reevesjeremy

Re: If drive not available; cannot run sublime text

Postby ingshtrom on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:32 pm

I had a similar issue, but the problem was more with the fact that my current session was from my old computer, which was pointing to a project that was on an external drive. So, when I got to work, I kept receiving this error. My solution was to just delete the session (I forget what it is named exactly) file in the ...\Data\Settings directory. This way Sublime Text doesn't try to open up a non-existent file. I also recommend altering your personal settings so that any session information is not saved on exit. This will cause problems, unless you are working only on files that are also on the USB drive.

Anyways, I know this isn't the same problem as yours, but I figured it was close enough to at least share with you. I hope you can solve your problem!

[NOTE]: I am using Sublime Text v2.01 on Windows 7/8.

-Ingshtrom
-Ingshtrom

Blog: [url]ingshtorm.tumblr.com[/url]
ingshtrom

Return to Technical Support