Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Zen Coding no longer works?

Re: Zen Coding no longer works?

Postby bobef on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:22 am

Unfortunately, although Emmet has better features, when I tried it it was messing with basic text editor shortcuts and was also causing messages to appear saying ST is slow. The author (of Emmet) told me this is because it is written in JS and loading V8 takes some time which is outside of his control. So Emmet is no go for me. Luckily the package control keeps backups (in my case in ST/Data/Backup) so I uninstalled the ZenCoding package from package control so it wont get updated and copied the backup manually to the packages folder.
bobef

Postby sublimator on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:50 am

Yeah, is shame.

Emmet seems to over-ride some fundamental inbuilt keys like soft undo, and scroll lines. The bindings are even configured to trigger in python strings which is quite annoying.

I stuck it in ignored_packages pretty quickly myself. But it's the future I guess.

You don't need a backup to access ZenCoding code if you really want it, just basic git skills to wind back a commit or two.

It's a pity neither Zen or Emmet don't have better multiple selection support. In both, It's kind of `bolted on` hackily.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby iamntz on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:15 am

Guys: "enable_emmet_keymap": false in your config file, then "disabled_keymap_actions": "all" in emmet config file and you are done. ;)
iamntz

Postby sublimator on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:17 am

iamntz wrote:Guys: "enable_emmet_keymap": false in your config file, then "disabled_keymap_actions": "all" in emmet config file and you are done. ;)

Yeah, I know there's an override key, just haven't gotten around to it yet as haven't really needed to use it.

Been busy with work and `moving house` to ST3
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Previous

Return to General Discussion