Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Color Scheme Editor *inside* ST2/3

Color Scheme Editor *inside* ST2/3

Postby bobef on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Hi guys, I've been playing with ST plugins today. I made a small plugin that shows you the actual styles that affect the source under the cursor so you can change it and see the effect immediately. Give it a try if you are interested. The plugin is not extensively tested and not in the package control yet. More info and screenshots: https://github.com/bobef/ColorSchemeEditor

To install the plugin manually just click the "ZIP" button in the link and extract to where your other ST packages are.

Update 14-02-2013: Now if more than one style affects the source element you can switch between the styles with Ctl+Alt+(Right|Left)

Update 17-11-2013: Tested with Sublime Text 3 beta 3054, seems to work fine without changes.

Update 26-01-2013: Fixed a bug in scope matching: some valid scopes were not recognized and the scoring was wrong but could only manifest in rarely used cases.

Last edited by bobef on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
bobef

Re: Color Scheme Editor *inside* ST2

Postby icylace on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:10 pm

Very cool! It's working pretty well for me thus far. I'm running Mac OS X 10.7.5 with ST2 build 2219.
icylace

Postby gregor.hoch on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:12 pm

This looks pretty cool! Any chance that we can get a ST3 version?
gregor.hoch

Postby bobef on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:09 pm

gregor.hoch wrote:This looks pretty cool! Any chance that we can get a ST3 version?

Try it, maybe it works on ST3 also, let me know. ST3 doesn't work so well for me ATM so I'll wait it to mature more before switching.
bobef

Postby facelessuser on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:32 pm

This is interesting. I like this direction. Keep in mind though, in Sublime Text, an element of code can actually be influenced by multiple XML/Scheme items. So, an element of code might get its color from one scheme entry, background color from another, and text emphasis (bold etc.) from yet another. I learned this when I did the ExportHtml plugin that recreates the exact look of sublime's code window in HTML.

Anyways, glad to see something like this coming about.
facelessuser

Postby bobef on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:00 pm

facelessuser wrote:This is interesting. I like this direction. Keep in mind though, in Sublime Text, an element of code can actually be influenced by multiple XML/Scheme items. So, an element of code might get its color from one scheme entry, background color from another, and text emphasis (bold etc.) from yet another. I learned this when I did the ExportHtml plugin that recreates the exact look of sublime's code window in HTML.

Anyways, glad to see something like this coming about.

I was wondering if this is possible. I can add some shortcuts to move between all matching entries, currently only the best match is displayed, I'll write this down in the todo list.
bobef

Re: Color Scheme Editor *inside* ST2/3

Postby bobef on Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:29 pm

Update 17-11-2013: Tested with Sublime Text 3 beta 3054, seems to work fine without changes.
bobef

Return to Plugin Announcements