Sublime Forum

ST3: find won't find stuff (even when its right there!)

Hi,

I am using ST3 on Ubuntu 12.10 (32 bit), I have noticed that sometimes sublime text will not be able to find text if when it exists in the text document.
It starts working only when i find that text, select it and do ctrl+f. This happens every once in a while, other times its fine.

Considering moving back to ST2.
I am new to ST and have not used ST2 much itself. Hoping that ST2 will behave itself.

Regards
~Sameer

0 Likes

i saw this last week and thought it was me doing something wrong.

press ^f and enter search string and hit enter and sometimes get string not found. when this happens, go to somwhere in same file that contains the string, double click it and press ^f and now it finds them all.

0 Likes

I have switched to ST2, and the problem exists there as well.
I have no idea how to reproduce it. It just happens when it happens.

0 Likes

Is “in selection” checked?

0 Likes

I think i figured what the problem was.
Not an issue with ST.

Actually what seemed to happen is, when i wanted to press ‘ctrl + f’ and then ‘enter’ to find the first instance of the string. I accidentally pressed ‘ctrl + enter’ which caused the find bar to take a new line character. The text that was entered in the find bar was essentially out of view because of the new line character, due to which i would enter the search text again and sublime text would not find that text which ended up being “search string\nsearch string”.

Checkout the below screenshot, you will notice some portion of previous line in the search box (which i thought was an drawing issue).
screencloud.net/v/enVt

Thanks and Regards
~Sameer

0 Likes