Sublime Forum

jQuery Snippets?

I found what appear to be repository ofsnippets for jQuery to use with Sublime Text Editor. But being new to this editor I do not know how to add snippets to the editor. Could someoen provide some assistance in accomplishing this?

0 Likes

simply place the files in your javascript package folder, on my computer (Windows 7) would be:

C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text\Packages\JavaScript

On older windows (pre-vista?) it will be somewhere in C:\Documents and Settings\etc… I believe

0 Likes

that solved the problem. Thanks

0 Likes

[quote=“toothrot”]simply place the files in your javascript package folder, on my computer (Windows 7) would be:

C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text\Packages\JavaScript

On older windows (pre-vista?) it will be somewhere in C:\Documents and Settings\etc… I believe[/quote]

Easier and works in any windows version :smile:
Type this in the RUN dialog (start menu > run OR windows key + R):

%appdata%\Sublime Text\Packages

0 Likes

Hi, Can anyone explain how I can’t activate these snippets? I have them in Javascript folder but tab or ctrl+space does nothing. How I can use them??? I’m using ST2.

0 Likes

I have found that if I delete jQuery from source.js.jquery everything works fine. Am I doing something wrong?

0 Likes

Maybe it’s the location. I have them in User/jQuery and source.js.jquery seems fine. You don’t have to keep them in Javascript folder for them to work under javascript. It’s the scope that makes this happen.

0 Likes

I actually created new folder “myStuffJQuery” and placed them all in there. This folder is located in “Packages” folder. I guess this doesn’t make any difference but anyways, they are working now. Thanks guys.

0 Likes

Could we get these on GitHub?

All the akalias stuff is now gone 404… (and blocked by my work as well… probably because of the word “alias” in the URL)

-Jim

0 Likes

You can use the original jQuery snippets directly, from github.com/textmate/javascript- … r/Snippets

0 Likes

Do these need to be renamed *.sublime-completion or something along those lines first?

-Jim

0 Likes

No, .tmSnippet files are supported as-is

0 Likes

Never mind… just threw them in a folder and started going to town.

0 Likes