Sublime Forum

Spell check refuses to stay off

For me the spell check feature of ST2 seems to be impossible to turn off permanently. I go to View -> Spell Check (or hit F6) to disable it and it turns it off but then it turns itself on again by itself. It is quite ugly and annoying and frankly a deal breaker for me when it comes to deciding to purchase this app.

I’ve also changed both the default and user preferences to turn spelling off by changing the following line (added it to the user preferences):

// Set to true to turn spell checking on by default "spell_check": false,

I even added that line into every syntax specific preference file for every language I use and the spell checker persists on turning itself on.

Is this a bug or am I missing something? I am running ST2 on OS X Mountain Lion.

Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Is it possible you have plugin that is changing the setting for a particular view?

0 Likes

Thanks, I tried a completely clean install of Sublime and after seeing that the problem persisted I noticed that the spell checking would only turn on when I hit the up arrow on the keyboard but not when I hit the down arrow. It is a problem with my keyboard actually as I tried it with another keyboard and Sublime keeps the spell check off no problem. For some reason the up arrow on my key board is triggering F6…odd.

Sorry Sublime, not your fault :sunglasses:

0 Likes