Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

ST3: ExportHtml

Re: ST3: ExportHtml

Postby agibsonsw on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:17 pm

facelessuser wrote:I do do a number of score selectors, but not as many as you would think.

I grab the scope name from the selection and then compare all of the theme scopes with score_selector. Once I determine the best matches, I add the scope name with the best theme scope matches for foreground, background, etc. to the dictionary and never have to run score_selector on the same scope again.

I don't notice much of a difference with the ST2 version and the ST3 version for this plugin.

That's a clever use of memoization :D
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.
agibsonsw

Postby skuroda on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:07 pm

facelessuser wrote:There seems to be a bug with path return. If path was not recursive, you would return the path as a boolean. I have fixed it below.

Woops, that was bad. :oops:

Is it possible to have assets outside of one of the sublime text paths (as specified in the following test)

Code: Select all
r2 = (tc("/Abs/Packages/ZipPseudo.sublime-package/nested/sort.py"))

Made a couple updates. Used walk's recursion rather than my own. get_package_and_asset_name should now
skuroda

Postby skuroda on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:49 pm

Think I've taken everything that has been mentioned. get_package_asset now defaults to returning files UTF-8 encoded. In addition, there are two new parameters, a boolean to return the data in it's binary form (default false) and a string for encoding type (default utf-8).
skuroda

Postby sublimator on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:18 am

skuroda wrote:Is it possible to have assets outside of one of the sublime text paths (as specified in the following test)

CODE: SELECT ALL
r2 = (tc("/Abs/Packages/ZipPseudo.sublime-package/nested/sort.py"))

I don't think so, not meaningfully anyway. If your routine relies on removing the install path prefixes just kill the test case.

In contrast to a path like `Packages/Yes/no.yes`

`Abs` there was just symbolic of an absolute path to the executable folder or installed_packages_path()
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby sublimator on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:25 am

skuroda wrote:now defaults to returning files UTF-8 encoded

"De"coded

https://gist.github.com/skuroda/4965913 ... set-py-L62
Not sure if you wanted this to work on ST2 as well as ST3, but afaik, the open builtin on python2 doesn't take an encoding kwarg.

I think codecs.open, on the other hand, works :)

Code: Select all
   encoding            String representing the encoding to use when reading.
                        Only takes affect when return_binary is True
                        (default utf-8).

I think that was meant to be `when return binary is False`
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby skuroda on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:48 am

Okay fine UTF-8 decoded by default. :) Yup definitely should be False. Hmm I should fix that, no reason this shouldn't work for ST2 and 3. I guess if I was thinking beforehand I would have written something like this earlier. I should take a closer look at your PackageResources stuff. It's probably a lot better than mine. Though if I only wrote code where it was better than everyone else's, well I wouldn't be writing very much. And that's no fun. Thanks for all the feedback.
skuroda

Postby sublimator on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:55 am

skuroda wrote: I should take a closer look at your PackageResources stuff.

I stole some of your ideas :)

There's some other functionality in there (that I eventually want to finish ... one of these days ) re: globbing

Was doing flat globbing until you made me realize that settings / keymaps could be nested.

re: package assets:

Turn on sublime.log_commands(True) and run the menu item `Preferences -> Default keybindings`

Take note of the command and args.

You can use that `${packages}/Path/to.file` form to open package assets, be they zipped or not. If they zipped they are open in read only mode.

Dunno if that's interesting to you for anything but I think it's kinda neat.
sublimator

Postby facelessuser on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:08 am

Everybody's stuff seems to work great for what I am doing. I didn't really have to do anything...I could get used to this :). I will probably roll out a new ExportHtml rev tomorrow. Got too much stuff tonight going on.
facelessuser

Postby skuroda on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:20 am

castles_made_of_sand wrote:Turn on sublime.log_commands(True) and run the menu item `Preferences -> Default keybindings`

Take note of the command and args.

You can use that `${packages}/Path/to.file` form to open package assets, be they zipped or not. If they zipped they are open in read only mode.

Dunno if that's interesting to you for anything but I think it's kinda neat.

That is interesting. I have to say, I'm glad ST3 was updated to make those files read only if they were read from sublime-packages.

facelessuser wrote:Everybody's stuff seems to work great for what I am doing. I didn't really have to do anything...I could get used to this :). I will probably roll out a new ExportHtml rev tomorrow. Got too much stuff tonight going on.

Haha. Don't tell me you want to try to do something like this person did (link)
skuroda

Postby facelessuser on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:30 am

skuroda wrote:Haha. Don't tell me you want to try to do something like this person did (link)

That sounds awesome...if only I could get away with it... :).
facelessuser

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Announcements