Sublime Forum

Open documents dropdown menu pops up on second display

ā€œOpen document drop down menu pops up on second displayā€

Subject says it all, when I click the chevron button to pull down the list of open documents while sublime is maximized, the menu ends up on the second display (which is a TV in another room, so naturally I canā€™t see it)

Is there a work around? or have I missed something obvious?

• toothrot
0 Likes

heh what resolution u are using? I tried to reproduce this and all the times the drop down came in the same screen.

anyways you also have ctrl+shift+O which will show you a list of all open files and you can search/filter thru them :smile:

0 Likes

I take it you have two monitors as well, do you have ST on the rightmost display (I can see how it would function correctly there)?

My monitor resolution is 1920x1200 and my second display is 1920x1080 (TV)

Hereā€™s a screen shot of it happening:

http://img38.imagefra.me/img/img38/2/2/16/toothrot/f_vt85ulmctam_fff76f7.png

I use both methods for switching around depending on where my hands are at the timeā€¦I appreciate the suggestion.

0 Likes

Ok I can confirm now :smile:

You can reproduce this easily by maximizing sublime and then opening a lot of tabs (new if u want) until you get the little button on the right, when you press it it does indeed appears in the other monitor.

NOTE: This will only work if sublime is maximized! if itā€™s not it actually gets it right >.<

Why it happens only the man himself (jps) can answer it :smile:

p.s. I use 3 monitors lol :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

Any news on this? Itā€™s still happening with the latest beta (04112010). I fear this report may have slipped through the cracks.

sidenote: I think it might be nice to have a proper bug trackerā€¦

0 Likes

This will be fixed in the next beta

0 Likes

Thanks!

0 Likes

I hate to rescue a 3 years old thread, but itā€™s still hapening.

Screenshot: (http://i.imgur.com/AtnumJR.png)
Sublime version: 2.0.1 build 2217
Left screen resolution: 1600x900
Right screen resolution: 1920x1080

0 Likes