Sublime Forum

ConvertToUTF8: supports CJK encodings

Currently, Sublime Text doesn’t support multi-byte encodings. Files with CJK encodings will become a mess. So, I write a plug-in to solve this problem.

The plug-in will detect the encoding when opening files, and convert its content to UTF-8 for viewing and editing. It will convert the file back to its original encoding when saving.

Addtional, you can translate between different encodings by using its “Set File Encoding to” menu entry. For example, you can open a UTF-8 file, and save it to GBK, and vice versa.

CJK encodings including GBK, BIG5, EUC_KR, EUC_JP have been tested.

You can install this plug-in via Package Control (by searching “ConvertToUTF8”).

More infomation: github.com/seanliang/ConvertToUTF8

0 Likes

3q

0 Likes

ConvertToUTF8 has been modified to support both Sublime Text 2 and 3 (3012 and above).

** For Linux users: ConvertToUTF8 relies on several dynamic libraries (CJK part) which are missing in embedded version of Python of Sublime Text 2 and 3. This plugin can not work fully until you install them manully.

** For OS X users: Sublime Text 3 uses an embedded Python which is facing the same problem as Linux version.

** I’ve reported this problem to Jon but did not get any response yet, so I will create extra plugins to solve it. If you are eager to use this plugin before they are released, please contact me for more information.

0 Likes