Sublime Forum

ST3 Bug: Sidebar folder collapsing when selecting file

When selecting a file in the sidebar, that is the first within a folder, the folder collapses on mouse-up since the newly opened file pushes the entire file tree down and puts the folder underneath the cursor. The folder should remain open and not collapse.

I can include a short screencast if needed to show the incorrect behaviour.

1 Like

Is this the same issue as https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/double-click-to-open-from-sidebar-folder-broken-in-st3/8692/1?

0 Likes

Not really. They are discussing how it prieviews the file in a new tab and moves everything down 1 line. I have no issues there. The issue is that the folder collapses on mouseUp, when the folder collapsing should only happen when the folder gets mouseDown and mouseUp.

0 Likes

If you take a look at the video screenr.com/NAG7 it shows the folders are opening on the mouse up because of the same effect you are describing. Namely when a file is being clicked on and generates a new “open files” entry it is pushing the folder down to receive the mouse up event.

Do you have the Open Files in Side Bar option enabled also?

If you are using the Open Files in Side Bar option:
One work around, albeit long winded, that I have noticed is that if you:

• mouse down on the file
  • while keeping the mouse down, move your mouse vertically away from the folder
  • mouse up
    Another work around might be to disable the “View: Toggle Open Files in Side Bar” option.
0 Likes

I understand this, but here is why this is different.

I’m not saying that the open files, or any other functionality is the bug, but the fact that folders collapse/expand with ONLY mouseUp is a bug IMO.

0 Likes

Seems related to this core issue: #302 _ Click in a folder in sidebar expands the folder instead of selecting it.

Which is really an annoying behavior.

0 Likes