Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

ST3: FuzzyFileNav

Re: ST3: FuzzyFileNav

Postby sublimator on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:28 pm

quodlibet wrote:id you ever find a solution to using Colemak with Vim bindings in Sublime?

Nah, I still don't use Vintage/Vintageous ( though use my own home row and modal bindings )

Apparently the creator of colemak actually uses Sublime Text these days.

Last time I tried to get in contact with him to get some tips was definitely not a win.

In other words, `that reminds me`

We should hunt him down and pick his brains :)
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby quodlibet on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:41 pm

castles_made_of_sand wrote: ( though use my own home row and modal bindings )

Mind sharing? (Although I'm not sure what modal bindings are... they sound yummy.)

Apparently the creator of colemak actually uses Sublime Text these days.

Last time I tried to get in contact with him to get some tips was definitely not a win.

In other words, `that reminds me`

We should hunt him down and pick his brains :)

Is this the thread you are referring to? --> http://forum.colemak.com/viewtopic.php?id=50&p=1

I've looked at it, but not too closely.

Alex
quodlibet

Postby facelessuser on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:04 pm

I have now removed the setting in ST3 "nix_style_path_complete" and replaced it with a new setting.

// (fuzzy/windows/nix)
// fuzzy - this will auto-complete with the selected index in the quick panel
// windows - this will complete like a windows terminal would complete paths
// nix - this will complete like a unix/linux terminal traditionally completes paths
"completion_style": "fuzzy",

By default, "fuzzy" is used for a more natural quick panel feel. The current selected index in the quick panel will now be used. This is for ST3 only.
facelessuser

Postby FragOnly on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:25 pm

Does FuzzyFileNav support recursive fuzzy finding?
FragOnly

Postby facelessuser on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:33 pm

FragOnly wrote:Does FuzzyFileNav support recursive fuzzy finding?

You have to drill down into folders. Deep recursive folder searches would be very slow; imagine starting in your root directory...

The only way to effectively allow FuzzyFileNav (FFN) to do this recursively, I would need to index your entire harddrive. Not really looking to have yet another process indexing my harddrive and slowing down my PC.

FFN allows you to quickly navigate relative files and folders to your current file or folders and files outside your project to view or apply file operations on them directly in FFN. This is not meant to index your entire terabyte harddrive to quickly find any file on your computer by using the fuzzy algorithm.
facelessuser

Some problems on OS X

Postby jsc on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:31 am

Tried installing ST3 FFN by cloning the git project (is there a better way?). Some issues:

multiconf.py:44: Single instance of "\U" in C:\Users in docstring. Backslash needs to be doubled.

Two instances of isinstance(key, basestring). Basestring is gone now, should be str(?)

fuzzy_file_nav.py:29: Usage of "FuzzyFileNav: %s" % s. % operator appears to be gone, should be replaced with .format() call.

I'm not conversant with Python 3, so the above suggestions are just guesses from Googling.

And finally, after all that:

File "/Users/jsc/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages/FuzzyFileNav/fuzzy_file_nav.py", line 13, in <module>
from multiconf import get as qualify_settings
ImportError: No module named 'multiconf'

It looks like it's loading fuzzy_file_nav.py, and THEN trying to load multiconf.py as a plugin? Not sure what's going on.
jsc

Postby jsc on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:55 am

Okay, figured out the multiconf issue. Need to import from FuzzyFileNav.multiconf instead of multiconf.

Then hit:
NameError: global name 'unicode' is not defined

Removing all the calls to unicode(xxx) and replacing with just straight xxx seems to have cleared that up. The panel appears. Actually trying to drill down into any directories immediately returns, however. There is an error:

File "/Users/jsc/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages/FuzzyFileNav/fuzzy_file_nav.py", line 595, in run
edit = view.begin_edit()
TypeError: begin_edit() missing 2 required positional arguments: 'edit_token' and 'cmd'

And this is where we start getting into API details, so I'm out of options.
jsc

Postby facelessuser on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:31 am

@jsc

If you are using ST2, then you can use the main branch https://github.com/facelessuser/FuzzyFileNav

Don't install the main branch on ST3 though. Only the ST3 branch works on ST3 https://github.com/facelessuser/FuzzyFileNav/tree/ST3

Conversely, do not use the ST3 branch on ST2.

You can see they are different.
facelessuser

Postby jsc on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:55 am

Oh man. Sorry, I should have figured I was doing something wrong. I just git cloned the URL on that page and didn't switch branches. Everything works great.
jsc

Re: Some problems on OS X

Postby quodlibet on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:54 pm

jsc wrote:Tried installing ST3 FFN by cloning the git project (is there a better way?).

You can use Package Control to manage branches. I have described this here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11001&p=43394#p43394

There may be more thorough write-ups available.

Hope this helps,
Alex
quodlibet

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Announcements