Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

ST3: FuzzyFileNav

Re: ST3: FuzzyFileNav

Postby jsc on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Alex, that is a great suggestion. It doesn't seem to work for me, though. I can't figure out how to add a branch as a repository. When I add the tree/ST3 URL, I still only see the ST2 version. I think the main problem is the one I was experiencing earlier, where using the tree/ST3 URL shows you the branch, but the link to the repository is the main package and you have to switch branches manually. I am not super familiar with github, as I've demonstrated.
jsc

Postby skuroda on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:53 pm

jsc wrote:Alex, that is a great suggestion. It doesn't seem to work for me, though. I can't figure out how to add a branch as a repository. When I add the tree/ST3 URL, I still only see the ST2 version. I think the main problem is the one I was experiencing earlier, where using the tree/ST3 URL shows you the branch, but the link to the repository is the main package and you have to switch branches manually. I am not super familiar with github, as I've demonstrated.

What is the URL you are using when adding a repository? As far as I know, manually added repositories will override those in the main package repository.
skuroda

Postby quodlibet on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:42 pm

@jsc, the following should work:

1. Use `Remove Package` to remove FuzzyFileNav (if installed)
2. Use `Add Repository` to add the following URL: https://github.com/facelessuser/FuzzyFileNav/tree/ST3
2a. make sure that's the only "FuzzyFileNav" repository in Packages/User/Package Control.sublime-settings
3. Use `Install Package` to add FuzzyFileNav

There's no obvious indication as to which branch/version you're installing/have currently installed. Except for the fact that it will work :)

Hope this helps,
Alex
quodlibet

Postby skuroda on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:27 pm

quodlibet wrote:@jsc, the following should work:

1. Use `Remove Package` to remove FuzzyFileNav (if installed)
2. Use `Add Repository` to add the following URL: https://github.com/facelessuser/FuzzyFileNav/tree/ST3
2a. make sure that's the only "FuzzyFileNav" repository in Packages/User/Package Control.sublime-settings
3. Use `Install Package` to add FuzzyFileNav

There's no obvious indication as to which branch/version you're installing/have currently installed. Except for the fact that it will work :)

Hope this helps,
Alex

Well there is one thing that can help verify you are using the right version (since I think the ST3 branch has a newer commit than the ST2 branch). If you look at the info given when installing there is a version number (which is the last commit date for FFN). Though that can be more of a pain to look up. Probably better off just trying it. :D
skuroda

Postby jsc on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:40 pm

Nope, that's exactly what I tried. Ends up installing the ST2 version. "v2013.02.18.20.42.21; github.com/facelessuser/FuzzyFileNav"

Code: Select all
   "repositories":
   [
      "https://github.com/facelessuser/FuzzyFileNav/tree/ST3"
   ]
jsc

Postby jsc on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:44 am

On another topic, I have a feature request. I have keep_panel_open_after_action set to false, because the vast majority of the time, I'm just looking for a file. But there are some actions after which it would be useful to keep it open, such as creating a new folder. I would like to be able to distinguish the useful cases from the non-useful cases, or have it done for me.

Another idea for a feature I had involves show_system_hidden_files. I have this set to true, but I don't like looking at the long list of dotfiles in my home directory. But if I set it to false, I can't actually select any of them. I would like to have a setting where those files are hidden unless you start searching with period.

Thanks, by the way, for such a fantastic plugin. I am a longtime emacs user, and I can't stand using the file dialog for anything. FFN is the closest thing to emacs' find-file that I've found so far.
jsc

Postby quodlibet on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:58 am

jsc wrote:Nope, that's exactly what I tried. Ends up installing the ST2 version. "v2013.02.18.20.42.21;

That's the current ST3 version. Maybe you forgot to update your keymap file? FFN only ships with some example files. Do you have any errors in the console?

Alex
quodlibet

Postby facelessuser on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:10 pm

jsc wrote:On another topic, I have a feature request. I have keep_panel_open_after_action set to false, because the vast majority of the time, I'm just looking for a file. But there are some actions after which it would be useful to keep it open, such as creating a new folder. I would like to be able to distinguish the useful cases from the non-useful cases, or have it done for me.

I can look into to this. I don't think it would be too difficult to add.

jsc wrote:Another idea for a feature I had involves show_system_hidden_files. I have this set to true, but I don't like looking at the long list of dotfiles in my home directory. But if I set it to false, I can't actually select any of them. I would like to have a setting where those files are hidden unless you start searching with period.

The setting is for the default behavior. You can toggle between the two with ctrl+h or super+h on mac. Triggering with dot only makes since on systems that use dot to distinguish hidden files; windows does not; therefore, in order to have a consistent interface, I have opted to use the toggle shortcut to quickly hide or show hidden files.

jsc wrote:Thanks, by the way, for such a fantastic plugin. I am a longtime emacs user, and I can't stand using the file dialog for anything. FFN is the closest thing to emacs' find-file that I've found so far.

No problem. Glad you like it. I really on create plugins I actually use, but it is always nice to hear that others use them as well :).
facelessuser

Postby facelessuser on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:56 pm

@jsc I have added your feature request to have control over which actions to keep the panel open for. You can now exclude actions via the settings key below:

// Actions that can ignore the keep panel open settings
// Available actions: delete, open, saveas, mkfile, mkdir, paste
"keep_panel_open_exceptions": ["open"],

I will backport to ST2 later.
facelessuser

Postby jsc on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:30 am

The new exceptions preference is perfect.

I couldn't figure out what was going on with the repository, I think it was an issue with a cache somewhere. I was getting bad unzip errors. I blew away the whole ST3 directory and reinstalled from scratch, and it works fine now.

I can't get super-h to toggle the hidden files, though.

EDIT: ah, I see what's wrong. show_system_hidden_files needs to be false. If true, super+h doesn't toggle. Seems like it should.
jsc

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Announcements