Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Alternative Payment Methods

Alternative Payment Methods

Postby mvnjpy on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:40 am

Hi, I would like to purchase ST3, and I was wondering if there's any other payment methods.

Paypal is the most evil POS company I've ever dealt with, so I refuse to ever use them again for anything.
Could we setup some way to donate or use Square or Google Checkout or pay directly by credit card?

Thanks.
mvnjpy

Re: Alternative Payment Methods

Postby jkw on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:19 pm

Tell me about it, I've been struggling for 2 months to make a payment.
I tried when I had VISA and then it expired and I got a MasterCard, same story.

I've made both cards "Verified by Visa" and "SecureCodeThingy", nothing helps.

It's possible to buy stuff in all kinds of currencies from different sites like themeforest, blizzard, etc etc, but PayPal simply refuses to work.
jkw

Postby wbond on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:34 pm

Just to follow up with some info for you:

Jon is based out of Australia and companies like Stripe, Square, Google Checkout, etc are all very limited in their availability, mostly to the US and UK. It is my understanding that PayPal is the only reasonable small-business solution Jon has found in Australia.
wbond

Postby mark4 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:49 am

wbond wrote:Just to follow up with some info for you:

Jon is based out of Australia and companies like Stripe, Square, Google Checkout, etc are all very limited in their availability, mostly to the US and UK. It is my understanding that PayPal is the only reasonable small-business solution Jon has found in Australia.

sending in a check would also be a viable means of paying for this software but this seems to be unacceptable to Jon. i would not even care if it took 6 months to complete. PAYPAL and Ebay who own it are SCAM artists who cannot ever be trusted. The only way i was able to register was to have my father who still has a paypal account to pay for me.

Another option that leaves less of a sour taste in my mouth be to do a wire transfer and PAY EXTRA. Anything to NOT have to use paypal.
mark4

Postby mvnjpy on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:36 am

Well, I guess every merchant selling something will eventually realize how much of a piece of shit Paypal is (I sell software too, and Paypal has stolen several thousands from me already; good thing I withdraw to my bank account relatively often).

So, I tried to find something and wasn't able to. I suspect it's because Australia really likes to regulate all forms of payment. However, there is this thing called bitcoins which is unregulated :). I'm happy to pay in that currency.

But yea I'm really sad that there isn't any other payment method except Paypal. My employer is happy to pay for a license for me, but I still refuse to have any money go through Paypal if I can help it. Guess I'll have to look for a download somewhere..
mvnjpy

Postby Areu on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:30 pm

+1 Alternative Payment Methods.

I refuse to use Paypal as well. It doesn't work for me anyways. They are the worst. If another payment option is made available I'll be able to make a purchase.
Areu

Postby marcuso on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:11 pm

+1 for the total uselessness and evil of PayPal
marcuso

Postby jkw on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:42 pm

I actually had to transfer money from my internet bank, wait one day, THEN buy a license for Sublime Text 3.

Think paypal scares 10% of the customers away just because it's so damn annoying to handle credit cards via paypal. They need to get verified, blah blah blah, and don't work in the end anyways..
jkw

Postby mark4 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:52 pm

jkw wrote:I actually had to transfer money from my internet bank, wait one day, THEN buy a license for Sublime Text 3.

Think paypal scares 10% of the customers away just because it's so damn annoying to handle credit cards via paypal. They need to get verified, blah blah blah, and don't work in the end anyways..

paypal is a complete and utter SCAM with a capital S, C, A, M!!

how do you get a scam verified/certified?
mark4

Postby jkw on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:30 am

mark4 wrote:paypal is a complete and utter SCAM with a capital S, C, A, M!!
how do you get a scam verified/certified?

I wouldn't agree. I transfered 450sek from my bank to the PayPal bank resident here in Sweden. About 1.5 days later I had that cash on my paypal account and could pay $70 for a license. So now I can try ST3 during development, which I think is both fun and good. And also I know jps has $70 more to invest in time/resources for making SublimeText 3 even better than it already is!
jkw

Return to General Discussion