Sublime Forum

ST3 some Edit menu options are disabled, Toggle comment, etc

Hello ST forum,

I am using build 3012 of ST3 on OS X 10.8.2. Is this a known issue with ST3 currently or others not experiencing this issue (ie: maybe one of my plugins is causing this). All of these menu options are permanently disabled for me (and more too!):

• Edit > Line > Duplicate line

• Edit > Comment > Toggle comment

• Edit > Comment > Toggle block comment

Overall ST3 is working well for me, but this one issue is making it almost unusable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes

Noticed this too. Probably has something to do with the following errors in the console.

launching: /C/Program Files/Sublime Text 3/plugin_host.exe reloading plugin Default.block Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_plugin.py", line 70, in reload_plugin m = importlib.import_module(modulename) File "X/importlib/__init__.py", line 88, in import_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1577, in _gcd_import File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1558, in _find_and_load File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1522, in _find_and_load_unlocked ImportError: No module named 'Default.block'

I bet if we looked, all of the failed loads correspond to disabled menu items.

0 Likes

This should not be happening on a clean install: sublimetext.com/docs/3/revert.html

0 Likes

Will try a clean install and report back.

0 Likes

Okay, I’ve kept a backup of my ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3 directory and reinstalled. The issue is fixed until I enable the SublimeCodeIntel package. So it seems that’s at fault. Will report the bug over there.

Thanks all!

0 Likes

Do you still need SublimeCodeIntel with ST3’s Goto Definition and Goto Symbol features?

I guess you don’t get the function call tooltips… Maybe it’s worth extracting them into their own ST3 plugin?

Just curious since I like the idea of CodeIntel but I could never get it to work reliably, even under ST2.

0 Likes

Well, I had an exact problem and tried the clean install. The toggle comments work as they should. But Once I turned my packages, plugins on, it stops working again. What should I do? I tried the shortcut apple+/ , it did not bind with any command. Why ST3 hang up on this command?

0 Likes

I had the same problems and found a ‘solution’.
For me it did the trick to remove the folder ‘Default’ in my packages folder (and restart ST). For some odd reason this folder (even empty!) causes the problems you mentioned, in my case though.

edit; I’m on windows, don’t know if it will also work on apple machines

0 Likes

I deleted the folder ‘Default’ in Mac OS X 10.8, it still did not work. I deleted the SublimeCodeIntel Package, it still does not work. I am in Sublime Text 3 build 3012. Hopefully, sublime team could fix this bug soon. It is hard to work without Toggle Comment features.

0 Likes

The solution is posted above: sublimetext.com/docs/3/revert.html

0 Likes

Still doesn’t work for me. OS X 10.8.3 Mountain Lion, rMBP. WTF is this kind of black magic?

0 Likes